Ext User
    Vote Rating
    pokerking400 is on a distinguished road

Default How do i maximize the tab to browserwindow?

How do i maximize the tab to browserwindow?

hi,

sometimes my browser window is small due to many client pcs configuration. Here i need my person tab or any tab to maximize to browser window. How do i do that?

thanks

here is a pic

Ext User
    Vote Rating

Even if i can make tabpanel to maximize to browser is ok...

maximizable: true in both tabs and tabpanel is not working.

Ext User
    Vote Rating

anyone ?

Vote Rating
    evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute

Why don't you force the west/east/south to collapse?

Otherwise, create a window and add the grid to it.

Ext User
    Vote Rating

Every tab should be allowed to maximize to the window. It is like that in eclipse IDE and many other application. To be consistent with them , it should do that.

if it does already , then let me know how to do it as i am running out of ideas. It should be part of ext internals and not as extension.

Advance thanks.....if you can help.

Sencha - Ext JS Dev Team Animal's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Animal has a spectacular aura about Animal has a spectacular aura about Animal has a spectacular aura about

Did you read that suggestion?

Programatically collapse the east, west and south regions.

Ext User
    Vote Rating

i do not want to do that. what i want is this. I need maximize icon on every tab or tabs that i create dynamically. i want it part extjs tabpanel api. if it is not ..oh welll ....i will wait until someone does that...

it is more of "make it cool" problem. if it is already there as a property , then i can use it. Programmatically will require too much complex code. And maintaining that is another messy issues.

i thought i can do that by maximazable:true property...

Based on your replies , i think tabs are not maximizale by default.

Thanks anyway...if i need it urgent , i probably hack it by collapsing other stuff.

For me it should do that internally with maximize icon on the tabs. if icon takes too much space tabs can be toggled to max by double clicking it and restore it by another double click. i do not want to program this particular action for 100s of tab. Not a good idea.

Vote Rating
    Animal has a spectacular aura about Animal has a spectacular aura about Animal has a spectacular aura about

Then add a dblclick handler to the TabPanel's Element. In the handler, check the event for being in a tab's "tab" selector. If it is, remove the Panel from the TabPanel passing false to remove so iy doesn't autodestroy, and add the Panel to a maximized, layout:'fit' Ext.Window. Basically, you want to "undock" that Panel from the TabPanel. It's a matter of removing it and adding it somewhere else.

Ext User
    Vote Rating

Exactly..undock dock feature. Also i see every south , east , north , west and center shuold be maximizable. Atpresent those stuff only doing minimize and restore to its original state. There is no maximize. Maximize verb is misused here. There are panels can be dropped ..and hid..it is not really maximized in a sense.

I saw same screen shows up that arrow in IE not in firefox. The one that drop the panel to full and zip it back. That icon do not show up in firefox. Anyway , i amd done with that...

Until someone discuss these , i will pay attention to my immediate needs..that is Create drop panel form on each row with scrollbar. Very less area available. Popup panel does n't look good. i like to avoid as much popup unless it is necessary. Basically i have to do master detail administration on the tables...

I think i have to extend some of the examples in these forum...And add row action as well.

Maximize will give me more "real estate" whenever necessary. Double click is hidden action , user may not know. So somekind of maximize icon shoud be on all panels.

ok later, thanks for the reply...i am still in crawling speed in extjs.

Vote Rating

Yuo can add an icon to tab selectos to indicate that they are maximizable. You could attach your click handler to the icon. In fact I think the title is set into the tab's selector using innerHTML, so you could probably put anythig you like in there, and add a click handler which removes the Panel, and puts it inside a floating, borderless Panel with layout:'fit' that was sized to the viewport size.

It's not a general requirement - but the principle is fairly simple. You could write a plugin, and show us what you did.