Ext User
    Vote Rating
    jgindin is on a distinguished road

Default 0.5.3

There used to be references to a 0.5.3 release... I cannot find any reference to this any more, so I'm wondering if that plan has been abandoned?

(I'm OK if that's the case, I'd just like to know.)

Thanks,

jay

Sencha - GXT Dev Team darrellmeyer's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    darrellmeyer is on a distinguished road

There will not be any more MyGWT releases.

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    basb is on a distinguished road

Why Darrell?

The one thing I can't say is that the move from MyGWT to Ext went very smoothly. I remember that you said: "the 0.5.3 will be out in a couple of days." That was about two weeks ago. The 0.5 release is the only release of EXT GWT (or MyGWT) which is stable (and runs with a stable GWT: 1.4), but suddenly the whole MyGWT history with all the old promises, like this one, or the other one ("EXT GWT will be released under LGPL, everything will stay the same") has vanished.

Darrell, could you please explain why?

Regards,

Bas.

Ext GWT Premium Member gslender's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    gslender is on a distinguished road

Talking

I am not speaking for Darrell (and I'm sure he'll provide an accurate explanation) but myGWT may have been stepping on ExtJS LLC licenses (in areas of widget, assets and styles etc) and potentially a resolution was to quickly remove the old myGWT product and replace it with ExtGWT as he has done. I'm sure the transition to being an ExtJS supported toolkit is the best outcome, just that the transition was not so ideal. I'm personally glad Darrell's time isn't diverted supporting an old toolkit that had no future - of course anyone could look at forking the project and contiuing - but of course the same license issues may plauge the new project owner but that would need to be tested before its assumed to be fact.

I think it is best to remember that myGWT was an open source project solely managed and supported by one individual - as such, he is free to do what he likes with the domain, source code and direction of the project. This is the case with many open source projects - they have no corporation behind them that "must" continue to survive and honour their customers. The project is goodwill by the author and nothing more...

Like all goodwill, it can disappear just as quickly as it is created

I think it best to just rack this up to the "period of maturing for AJAX libraries"

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    basb is on a distinguished road

Hi Darrell,

I am still quite curious, could you please give a reply to my previous post?

Regards,

Bas.

film izle

hd film izle

film sitesi

takipci kazanma sitesi

takipci kazanma sitesi

güzel olan herşey

takipci alma sitesi

komik eğlenceli videolar