Ext User
    Vote Rating
    pokerking400 is on a distinguished road

Default How do you remove "center" region from border layout?

How do you remove "center" region from border layout?

hi,

i want only north and south in borderlayout. How do i do that?. it throws exception if i don't have center region.

Thanks.

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    mjlecomte will become famous soon enough mjlecomte will become famous soon enough

uh, you don't. API states the ONLY region that is required is the center region.....you have to have a center region. North and South is easily North and center no? Or even center and south.

Ext User
    Vote Rating

Problem is center region collapsible is utter crap!.

So thought of having north and south ..both has better collapsible.

Anyway i am keeping now center (no collapsible) and north with collapsible , so i can only collapse north area.

I think you have to have consistency with collapsible icon in all areas. Somehow i don't like center collapsible..

anyway ..thanks for the reply.

Ext User
    Vote Rating

That said you should have option to remove any areas. it will allow very fast layout with Borderlayout.

With center removed you can have two column layout with east and west...

Sencha - Community Support Team JeffHowden's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    JeffHowden is on a distinguished road

What would you show if you collapsed the center?

If you like, you can have a two column layout by using east and center or west and center.
    Jeff Howden
    Ext JS - Support Team Volunteer
    jeff@extjs.com

Any and all code samples that are authored by me and posted on the Ext forums or website are hereby released into the public domain and I release anyone or entity of liability by using said code samples unless explicitly stated otherwise.

Opinions are mine and not necessarily endorsed by Ext, LLC. Please do not contact me directly for assistance unless requested by me.

Ext User
    Vote Rating

That is bull crap..i just want two panel layout without the crappy center. Why?. Other panels size are configurable and center occupies too much size by default...

Can we have borderlayout without center (or keep it invisible? without taking any space) in north ,center (no % , be there for namesake),south

I like the collapisble stuff in the north , south , so user can minimize one of that two to see the other area in full.

Anyone customize border layout to have freeform configuration?.

Thanks.

Ext User
    Vote Rating

my layout is like accordion but both panels are open. it is just that you can't collapse both.

Ext User
    Vote Rating

How do i make center panel size to zero if center panel is a must for border layout?.

I am using north and south mainly , and center is zero. Out of north and south , one of them is always open.

Norh and south act like toggle but can also open at same time. Both can not be collapsible at same time.

Thanks.

Thread Participants: 2