Ext User
    Vote Rating
    glolar is on a distinguished road

Default Component not rendering on page

Component not rendering on page

Hello,

New to EXT GWT, and I already have a question for the forum: I am trying to implement a Basic Table. No BUILD errors, and all code is executing correctly (verified by GWT log commands), but the component is not being created/rendered. Tested in hosted mode, and thru Firefox after deploying to Tomcat.

To make sure I am doing everything correctly, I created a basic GWT application that does nothing but create and display a Basic Table (only, the Basic Table is not being displayed). This basic GWT application uses the exact code used by the Basic Table example on the EXT GWT website.

I added a label in the onModuleLoad() method, and a label in the onRender() method, but the label in the onModuleLoad method is the only one that gets displayed.

Is there a known bug, or am I missing something? Thanks in advance for your help!

GloLar

Ext GWT Premium Member gslender's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    gslender is on a distinguished road

You will need to post code for us to advise where you are going wrong.

Ext User
    Vote Rating

Default Component not rendering on page

Component not rendering on page

My application uses the exact code used by the Basic Table example on the EXT GWT website. Go here: http://extjs.com/explorer/#basictable then click the Source tab at the bottom of the page.

I suspect the problem is not in the code, just because the example on the EXT GWT page is working. I suspect it is some type of configuration problem or something. I was hoping someone else had run into this problem and could advise me.

Thank you.

Vote Rating

that code is old

you need to add the veiwport to the rootpanel.

ie RootPanel.get().add(vp);

BTW - If you want help, best post code snippet as often that is the only way someone can quickly help - if you did that the first time, my first post would have been the solution.

Ext User
    Vote Rating

Default Thank you.

Thank you.

If the code had been just a snippet, I would have posted it. I didn't think everyone would want me to post the entire program, so instead I said that my code was the exact code as that on the GWT EXT website (I should have maybe added a link in the first email).

Hopefully, they will update their website. We have lost two days at work trying to figure this problem out, because we trusted that the code on their website was working code.

Thanks again.

Vote Rating

glorar, don't mean to drag this on, but you'd be surprised by the number of times people say "just that code there" and leave bits out, are using old versions, etc....

btw - http://extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33778

Ext User
    Vote Rating

Default You are right

You are right

No, I wouldn't be surprised

In my case, we could not get our own application working, so we literally copied and pasted the sample code into a new project to see if the problem was with our code or not. When the sample code didn't work either, then we figured it must be a config problem on our end ... never considered that the sample code was bogus. Learn something new every day ...

Thanks for the link ... I was not even at work today ... just decided to post the problem from home, on my day off. Don't even have Eclipse/GWT/GXT installed here at home. If I had known the rules, I would have had someone in the office whip up an abbreviated test case and post the code. I will make sure our entire office knows the rules for posting, going forward.

Thanks again ... going on vacation now.

Regards,

GloLar

Sencha - GXT Dev Team darrellmeyer's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    darrellmeyer is on a distinguished road

The pages in the explorer demo run as part of the explorer application. The EntryPoint code in each page is not used by the application. This was setup to allow copy / paste of demo code. However, all the EntryPoint code is not correct.

I have reviewed all demo pages and ran each of them standalone. The code has been updated to ensure each page works. Pages that cannot be run standalone no longer implement EntryPoint.

Thread Participants: 2

film izle

hd film izle

film sitesi

takipci kazanma sitesi

takipci kazanma sitesi

güzel olan herşey

takipci alma sitesi

komik eğlenceli videolar