Ext User
    Vote Rating
    samsai is on a distinguished road

Default MyGWT to Ext-GWT switch - GPL license - what does it mean?

MyGWT to Ext-GWT switch - GPL license - what does it mean?

Hi,
    I did use MyGWT on a previous client project; I didnt follow up on MyGWT for 5 months and now, to my amazement, its now Ext-GWT; The explorer demo demonstrates its superiority over any other existing GWT library.

I do see a lots of questions around licensing and specifically about it now being GPL.

My Question is:
    I am planning to use the library for this project UI; This is internal client application. This application is for internal use only - no re-distribution/selling it as a product or modification to the library.

Can I use the free version or do I need to buy the license.

Thanks for clarifying this for those of us who are not lawyer language versed.

Sencha - GXT Dev Team darrellmeyer's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    darrellmeyer is on a distinguished road

Please email licensing@extjs.com to speak with the licensing department and get an official response for your situation.

Banned
    Vote Rating
    buzz is on a distinguished road

This might answer your question and save you some time contacting the legal department.

According to Jack
    My official stance on it is the same message as delivered on the Ext JS website: "If you are building commercial software, you should have a license. If you are building open source software, you should use it under the GPL or one of the Exceptions we are working on."
    See http://extjs.com/forum/showthread.ph...533#post177533

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    samsai is on a distinguished road

Thanks Darrell, I will email to get the official response.

Buzz, I will check the (70 pages!!!) thread to see if I get the whole perspective. Interestingly enough, this thread never came back in search result. (possibly because it is in Ext discussion forum)

Thread Participants: 2

film izle

hd film izle

film sitesi

takipci kazanma sitesi

takipci kazanma sitesi

güzel olan herşey

takipci alma sitesi

komik eğlenceli videolar