Vote Rating
    Mohammed is on a distinguished road

Default any OpenSource JavaScript Studio/Creator/Builder...?

any OpenSource JavaScript Studio/Creator/Builder...?

guys,

quick question...is there any opensource javascript studio/ builder/ creator..... its really getting hard to work in MS Visual Studio.... especially while using yui library methods....no intelligence....cant understand where bugs are......no debugging facility like we do in vb.net

since this yui client side programming is completely javascripts...i would love to know some tool similar to VS 2005 ....any recommendations...?...Thank you in advance...

kind regards
    Mohammed G
    www.abdulsalam.info

Ext Premium Member BernardChhun's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    BernardChhun will become famous soon enough

hey Mohammed,

there are some IDEs the guys here uses such as Eclipse & Aptana but my favorite one is NotePad ++

To debug your application I'd suggest you to take a look at Firefox's Firebug extension. that is the only debugger you'll ever need 8)

Vote Rating

Default Thanks to firebug !!!

Thanks to firebug !!!

Thanks Bernard...

Firebug is really cool...... as per NotePad++ suggestion, i would still recommend visual web developer studio by microsoft...its free...you can get it from http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/vwd/

am working on to see if i can put all the yui javascripts into one tablet library as we do with vb.net class library and import them through reference...so we can have intelligence.... will let you know soon...

Mohammed G
    www.abdulsalam.info

Vote Rating

Default Re: Thanks to firebug !!!

Re: Thanks to firebug !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mohammed
    ...i would still recommend visual web developer studio by microsoft...its free...you can get it from http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/vwd/
    you mentionned open source IDEs right? :wink: I'm not quite sure Web Developper express fits totally into that description... ASP.NET is a no go for my company and I'm quite the masochist developper as I like to do everything myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Mohammed
    am working on to see if i can put all the yui javascripts into one tablet library as we do with vb.net class library and import them through reference...so we can have intelligence.... will let you know soon...
    that would be nice if that could work. For now, I'm using NotePad ++'s customizable macros to insert Ext snippets and I'm quite happy with it! adding a Grid widget with a DataStore is as easy as pressing CTRL + ALT + G

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    dfenwick will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by BernardChhun
    To debug your application I'd suggest you to take a look at Firefox's Firebug extension. that is the only debugger you'll ever need 8)
    Firebug is certainly very nice, but it grinds Firefox to almost a dead standstill after using it for about an hour. I only have 2 or 3 extensions installed, and I have to disable Firebug when I don't necessarily need it, which requires a full Firefox restart. It's the only disappointment I have with the extension.

Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by dfenwick
    Firebug is certainly very nice, but it grinds Firefox to almost a dead standstill after using it for about an hour. I only have 2 or 3 extensions installed, and I have to disable Firebug when I don't necessarily need it, which requires a full Firefox restart.
    which version do you use? I can disabled Firebug without restarting since 1.0 beta. you can also set which website is allowed to be firebugged. that is still using a lot of ressources though...

It's the only disappointment I have with the extension.
    Yea me too. But still, that is way less annoying that using alert()s everywhere to debug your web app. *shudders*

Sencha - Community Support Team JeffHowden's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    JeffHowden is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by dfenwick
    Firebug is certainly very nice, but it grinds Firefox to almost a dead standstill after using it for about an hour. I only have 2 or 3 extensions installed, and I have to disable Firebug when I don't necessarily need it, which requires a full Firefox restart. It's the only disappointment I have with the extension.
    Yes, firebug is certainly a resource hog. That said, I'm not sure why disabling it requires a restart of firefox for you, it certainly doesn't for me.
    Jeff Howden
    Ext JS - Support Team Volunteer
    jeff@extjs.com

Any and all code samples that are authored by me and posted on the Ext forums or website are hereby released into the public domain and I release anyone or entity of liability by using said code samples unless explicitly stated otherwise.

Opinions are mine and not necessarily endorsed by Ext, LLC. Please do not contact me directly for assistance unless requested by me.

Vote Rating

Default Aptana Javascript editor

Aptana Javascript editor

hey guys,

found the answer.... try aptana from below link...

http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/theater/

titled > Jon Chambers — "Screencast: Thinkature Co-founder on Developing with YUI"

its really cool for creating javascrpt library.... am trying if i can create by selecting jacks library while creating new project...

atleast this will do a great job if you are looking for intelligence...

Vote Rating

sorry i mentioned wrong title...

it is titled Paul Colton — "Screencast: YUI Support in the Aptana IDE" at

http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/theater/

or jump directly to www.aptana.com / www.aptana.tv

hope it helps !!!