Ext User
    Vote Rating
    rafanami is on a distinguished road

Default Ext not working properly on my project

Ext not working properly on my project

Hello everyone
    I'm trying to add YUI-ext libs in my project, mainly to add yui-ext modal dialog capabilities.
    Our project is a Struts 1.2.9 project, and heavily uses DWR and Tiles, using as a client the Internet Explorer browser .
    The strange thing is that if I try to include the javascript files from the web root (for example: <script type="text/javascript" src="common/javascript/yui-ext/yui-utilities.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="common/javascript/yui-ext/ext-yui-adapter.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="common/javascript/yui-ext/ext-all.js"></script>), there is an error (Ext is undefined). But if I try to include from the parent web root folder (ex: app/common/javascript/yui-ext.....), the error goes away, but the dialog isn't popping up yet when I click the "Show Dialog" button. I've added the exact code that is on the layout dialog example (the layout button and div part, and the LayoutExample file), but it isn't working yet.
    I'm trying to use it on a Tiles decorated page. Is there some reason that it doesn't work properly?

Thanks in advance

Rafael Mauricio Nami

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    tryanDLS is on a distinguished road

'Ext is not defined' is an indication that your paths are not correct for the included files.
    I would suggest that you get a debugger and see what's happening. If you can't use Firebox w/Firebug in your dev environment, there are some free debuggers for IE. If you still can't find it, try and post a small sample that duplicates the problem or a link to the page.

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    rafanami is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the quick response. Strangely, what was causing this was the web server configuration (strangely Jasper compiler was parsing js files !!!!), so I just switched all yui-ext *.js files for *.jsb, and it worked like a charm :wink:

Thanks and Best Regards