Ext User
    Vote Rating
    pbarnes is on a distinguished road

Default Ext.data.Store, remoteSort:true and method:'get'

Ext.data.Store, remoteSort:true and method:'get'

Hi all,

Newb ExtJS (2.1) user here, but enjoying it so far. Had a quick question, not sure if it's a bug or not, but wanted to ask to be sure -- I'm trying to populated a xg.GridPanel using what I think is the standard approach: xd.Store w/ xd.HttpProxy and xd.JsonReader (server side is a Rails app). When setting up the Connection options for the xd.HttpProxy I noticed something funky with respect to sorting, where the sort parameter weren't being passed. My code:

Code:
    var store = new Ext.data.Store({
    	proxy: new Ext.data.HttpProxy({
    		url: 'http://localhost:3000/categories.json', 
    		method:'get',
    		headers: {"Content-Type": "application/json; charset=utf-8"}
    	}),
        reader: new Ext.data.JsonReader({
            root: 'categories',
            totalProperty: 'totalCount',
            id: 'catid',
            fields: ['name', 'subcategory_name', 'gl_account', 'summary_gl_account']
        }),
        remoteSort: true,
    	sortInfo: {field:'subcategory_name', direction:'desc'}
    });
    Notice the "method:'get'" line -- the HTTP verb is lower case. When it is, the sort parameters (and therefore I assume paging paramters) DON'T get sent as a part of the URL. If I change it to capital letters, as in "method:'GET'" it does.

I realize that HTTP verbs should (probably?) be upper case, but should this be considered a bug? It took me a while to figure out the issue.

Thanks.

Phil..

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    devnull is an unknown quantity at this point

GET and POST have always been specified as all caps in any language I have seen.

Vote Rating
    NoahK17 is on a distinguished road

But they are not required to be all in uppercase: http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/interact/forms.html#h-17.1
    Noah
    Senior Web Developer
    NBA.com

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    pbarnes is on a distinguished road

Well, I suppose if you're dealing directly with the HTTP request headers, you'd be right I typed it lower case out of habit I guess, as when specifying routes in Rails, you typically specify the parameter as a lower case symbol, such as ":method => :get". If that's the way it is, that's fine, I'd just recommend the framework trapping that and at least logging something - or better yet just upcasing it.

Thread Participants: 2

film izle

hd film izle

film sitesi

takipci kazanma sitesi

takipci kazanma sitesi

güzel olan herşey

takipci alma sitesi

komik eğlenceli videolar