Sencha Premium Member MichaelOstrovsky's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    MichaelOstrovsky is on a distinguished road

Thumbs up advenced application design

advenced application design

Hello. ive been learning and experiencing extjs for 2 months for now, and finally finished my first app. now , im starting a big and endlessly long project, and need to make it very clean, extensible and maintainable. so i want to ask you for feedback about the concept of the application design i decided about, after reading alot of documentations and extjs source codes.

the concept is that every part is a component(or observable if needed), and at the same time, its an extension.
    so, i have the main app which is extension of panel.
    next i have parts of it:
    part1 is extension of panel, wich have an 'init' function that adds part1 to the app panels' childs, as well as few required items/methods.
    so, in app.initcomponent will be something like this :

var part1=new Part1({
    region:'center',
    border:false,
    someRequiredStore:anotherpart.store,
    listeners:{action1:anotherpart2.dosomething,...}
    })

Ext.apply(this,{
    plugins:[part1,part2,part3]
    })

that way , i hope can get maximum extensibility , and as a bonus - i will be able to saparate the components and test and develop each one saparetely ( maybe with unit tests too ), without loading all app, and work with an (hopefully) upcoming team , where each one will develop another component .

what do you think ppl? should i go for it ?
    many tnx

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    mjlecomte will become famous soon enough mjlecomte will become famous soon enough

Have you read the (several) tutorials this subject?

Sencha Premium Member MichaelOstrovsky's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    MichaelOstrovsky is on a distinguished road

yes i have read the 'app design for beginners' tutorial, many tutorials & posts about extending components, and also some of the source code of ext components & few user extensions.

the deal is nothing there gives guidelines for the core app design of big applications, so i proposed i can use my experience from non-web projects for this. i would only like to know if im missing something serious which will cost alot of resources and time later.

Thread Participants: 1