Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    kora.kanchan is on a distinguished road

Default How to drag a node from tree to grid or multi grid

How to drag a node from tree to grid or multi grid

Hi Saki,

i want to drag a item from tree-panel to grid or multi-grid..

could you help me?

Sencha - Community Support Team jsakalos's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future

Does that mean that you want to hire me to develop it for you?

Because you can get never any help from anybody if you first do not do anything but express your intentions.

Do something and if you get into a specific problem (after reading and understanding of all tutorials and API documentation on D&D) then I can help you.
    Jozef Sakalos, aka Saki

Education, extensions and services for developers at new http://extjs.eu
    News: Grid Search Plugin, ExtJS 5 Complex Data Binding using MVVM

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    kora.kanchan is on a distinguished road

Default Hi

Hi

not hire. it was request.
    Thanks for motivative suggestion

Vote Rating
    jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future

You see, you can get help on the forum but you'll never get anything if you post something in the sense of:

"I need this and that, give me please code."

Good luck!
    Jozef Sakalos, aka Saki

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    Sachin_kulkarni is on a distinguished road

Hi,

I am trying to drag and drop the nodes from tree panel onto the child iframe opened in a tabpanel. It works fine for dragging over the div in tab panel but the problem is while dragging over a child iframe in that div. It fails to call notifyDrop(). Please reply if anybody has faced this problem.

Thanks.

Ext User
    Vote Rating

Exclamation Using Iframe as a drop target.

Using Iframe as a drop target.

Hi,

I am implementing drag drop. I have referred the site "http://examples.extjs.eu/". The problem is Iframe can't be used as dropTarget. Is there any solution for this?

Vote Rating

Not a simple one. iframe is another browser window so you cannot drop to it directly. You could cover the iframe with a transparent div that would server as the drop target while dragging and on drop you'd pass whatever necessary to the iframe.

This can be complex and tricky - think about re-designing your application so that it doesn't need dropping on an iframe.
    Jozef Sakalos, aka Saki

Ext User
    Vote Rating

Exclamation

Hi,

I am able to execute the same code in IE. Though the drag operation is not smooth, atleast notifyDrop() is getting called. But in FF, it never calls notifyDrop().
    I also tried with transparent div covering the iframe, but no luck.

Thanks.

Ext User
    Vote Rating

Exclamation

Hi,

I managed to get it working by adding a transparent div over the iframe, I can drag and drop the nodes from treepanel onto this transparent div. The problem I am facing is, I need to access the contents in the iframe, which is beneath the transparent div. So, I want to have this transparent div while drag operation only. Once the node from the treepanel is dropped, the div should be hidden/removed.

I tried this:
    startdrag:
    function() {

document.getElementById(
    'child1').style.display = "block";
    },
    enddrag:
    function() {
    document.getElementById(
    'child1').style.display = "none";

}

But the code in startdrag listener doesn't seem to make the div display style as block. So, once the div is hidden by end drag listener, I am not able to show the div for next drag and drop operation.
    Please, reply if anybody has any information on this.

Thanks.