Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    Eric24 is on a distinguished road

Default One Grid vs Multiple Grids

One Grid vs Multiple Grids

A philosophical question of sorts: In an app that uses a half-dozen or so grids, but will only ever display one grid at a time, is it better to create each of the possible grids (on a card or tab layout, for example) and switch between them, or create a single grid and "reconfigure" the grid to a new datastore and column model? Visually, either approach has exactly the same effect. Any reason/rationale to use one approach over the other? What other factors would come into play that might sway the decision one way or the other?

Sencha - Community Support Team jay@moduscreate.com's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all

I would go w/ using one grid and reconfiguring it. just remember that you lose selections when doing so.

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    jpnet is an unknown quantity at this point

I use one grid. I was more or less thinking from a resource standpoint... that having a lot of grids stored in memory may bog down the browser. Does anyone else have any experience with this?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    perota is on a distinguished road

Is grid reconfiguration still the preferred way for ExtJs 4.2.x too?