Ext User
    Vote Rating
    eugenparaschiv is on a distinguished road

Post TwinTriggeredField tooltip

TwinTriggeredField tooltip

I noticed some peculiar details about TwinTriggeredField:
    1. if the field has a tooltip, this tooltip pops up even when the mouse is hovering over the triggers. This is of course a direct result of the fact that the class extends TextField, so that triggers are seen as part of the field; but this is very annoying, because the tooltip is supposed to be linked with the actual field, not with the buttons, and the fact that it pops out at all the wrong times makes the buttons harder to push. A solution would be to remove the tooltip altogather, but this is of course not right.
    2. again, because of the hierarchy of the class, the triggers (the images) are seen as part of the text field; this has the visual effect of a small line below both the buttons, which simply looks wrong

As a temporary solution for all of this, I created my own classes, mirroring the TriggerField and TwinTriggerField classes, with a few tweaks (like the ones I mentioned in my previous post, about the CSS styles being hard coded)

Is there any way to fix these problems witout completely rethinking the code? I mean is there any way to NOT display the tooltip of the text field when hovering over the buttons?

One thing I would have liked to do (but was not possible with the current code) would have been to override the setToolTip method and simply set the tooltip on the text field instead of the entire entity, but this cannot be done, as the text field is not an actual object in the class, but the whole class; So is there any way to isolate the text field and set the tooltip just on it?

A lot of questions, I know, but I am getting frustrated with the implementation of this class, as I have been trying to fix these things all day

The last question (for the developers): These problems might not have simple solutions, and I figure that it wouldn't be too much hassle to simply implement my own class with what I want. I just want to know if there is any work being done on the class now, or in the near future, or if I shouldn't wait and do this by hand.
    Eugen.

Ext User
    Vote Rating

No solution for my wows?

Ext User
    Vote Rating

Regarding this...I removed the tooltip altogether for now, so that it would be able to press the buttons; I am still interested in the state of this class though.