Ext User
    Vote Rating
    sfwalter is on a distinguished road

Default Prototype and Highlight

Prototype and Highlight

I orginally posted this in the beta discussion group, but this is probably a better place.

I am integrating with the prototype/scriptacilious for my Rails app. When I attempt to use highlight() I get: Effect.Morph is not a constructor within the ext-prototype-adpapter.js file.

Any ideas? I double checked and I'm including the files in the proper order. Here is a snippet from my html file:

<script src="/javascripts/prototype.js?1175546771" type="text/javascript"></script>
    <script src="/javascripts/effects.js?1175546771" type="text/javascript"></script>
    <script src="/javascripts/dragdrop.js?1175546771" type="text/javascript"></script>
    <script src="/javascripts/controls.js?1175546771" type="text/javascript"></script>
    <script src="/javascripts/application.js?1175546771" type="text/javascript"></script>

<script src="/javascripts/ext-prototype-adapter.js?1175483160" type="text/javascript"></script>
    <script src="/javascripts/ext-all.js?1175483244" type="text/javascript"></script>

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    suntoast is on a distinguished road

You need to use Prototype 1.5 or later.

Ext User
    Vote Rating

I believe I am. The prototype.js file says the version is "1.5.0_rc0"

scott.

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    suntoast is on a distinguished road

Ext User
    Vote Rating

Ok that worked, but I found a larger problem. Before I was using YUI with a json reader and it would populate my grid just fine. However with prototype my grid would not populate. I simply changed my reader to the xmlreader and data worked with prototype how weird.

With prototype and the jsonreader i still received the data back. I tested this by using a ds.on("load") event.

Any thoughts?

Ext User
    Vote Rating

On further review when using the jsonreader with prototype. Although the correct number of rows are returned there is no data. I have this simple event handler:

ds.on('load', function(){
    for (i=0;i<ds.data.items.length;i++) {
    alert(ds.data.items[i].data.name);
    }
    });

With using prototype and json nothing appears in the alert, but simply changing to xmlreader i get the actual data to appear in the alert. Using YUI and json works just fine.

It probably doesn't matter but here is the two different readers:

proxy: new Ext.data.HttpProxy({url: '/dashboard/xml',method:'get'}),
    reader: new Ext.data.XmlReader({
    // records will have an "Item" tag
    record: 'preference',
    id: 'id'
    }, [
    // set up the fields mapping into the xml doc
    // The first needs mapping, the others are very basic
    {name:'name', mapping:'name'},
    {name:'id', mapping:'id'},
    {name:'value', mapping:'value'}
    ])

and

proxy: new Ext.data.HttpProxy({url: '/dashboard/json',method:'get'}),
    reader: new Ext.data.JsonReader({id:"id"},[
    {name:'name', mapping:'attributes.name'},
    {name:'id', mapping:'attributes.id'},
    {name:'value', mapping:'attributes.value'}])

scott.

Ext User
    Vote Rating

Argggggggggg. Never mind, I was putting some debug code in the ext-all-debug.js file and I screwed up. Please disregard!

sorry

scott

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    rounder is on a distinguished road

I'm having problem with the highlight effect and prototype. I'm trying to do the introduction tutorial. When I do Ext.get('myDiv').highlight() nothing happens. Here is my script tags in the head.

<script type="text/javascript" src="../adapter/prototype/ext-prototype-adapter.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="../adapter/prototype/prototype.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="../adapter/prototype/effects.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="../adapter/prototype/dragdrop.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="../adapter/prototype/controls.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="../ext-all-debug.js"></script>

When I'm including YUI it works perfectly, but with prototype I'm getting only this warning several times (whenever highlight is executed) in the JavaScript Console (Firefox):

Warning: Error in parsing value for property 'size'. Declaration dropped.
    Source File: file:///F:/dev/ext-1.0/IntroToExt/ExtStart.html
    Line: 0

In IE6 I'm also getting some error for object required...

Thanks.

Ext User
    Vote Rating

First of all make sure you are using prototype 1.5 and scriptacilious 1.7. Also I think your script tags are in the wrong order. The order should be prototype, scriptacilious, adapter, ext. Try this:

Code:
    <script type="text/javascript" src="../adapter/prototype/prototype.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="../adapter/prototype/effects.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="../adapter/prototype/dragdrop.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="../adapter/prototype/controls.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="../adapter/prototype/ext-prototype-adapter.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="../ext-all-debug.js"></script>

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    rounder is on a distinguished road

I'm pretty sure that I'm with the latest version - triple checked

Also saw that the script tags are not ordered properly - didn't help. Even copy/paste your suggestion (same as mine) ->

Everything else is working fine. Message boxes, Grids...

If I switch to YUI -> everything is ok.

Also tried other effects. Puff for example has strange effect under IE6. YUI was consistent under both IE and FF.

film izle

hd film izle

film sitesi

takipci kazanma sitesi

takipci kazanma sitesi

güzel olan herşey

takipci alma sitesi

komik eğlenceli videolar