most of the time in Rotterdam, sometimes in Mendoza
    Vote Rating
    lokiofragnar is on a distinguished road

Question Showcase with 'different styles'

Showcase with 'different styles'

Hi,

We have been using Ext for about 4 months now. We started out by using it mainly in the 'back' of our applications. Since we have now gained in experience we want to user it more in the front end. Here is our biggest problem with that.

"Ext 'feels' great but Ext 'looks' too techy"

Customers that want 'functional' website don't mind, they actually love it but customers that are looking for design sites don't like the way Ext looks, they do however love the way it feels, so....

We would like to create Ext 'skins' that have a much more 'arty' (for lack of a better word) look and feel. But, we are a bit overwhelmed by the number of styles in Ext. So I guess what I am looking for is examples. Can people point me in the direction of websites that have used Ext and that don't resemble the original. What I hope to get from that is a 'How to ' approach to customizing the look of Ext.

With such an approach I hope to brief designers to come up with designs that fit Ext but have a different look, so that I can use more of it but stick to programming. In case my statement offended anybody, it wasn't meant that way.

Results of this exercise will be happily posted back.

cheers,
    Aad

Vote Rating
    sb32 is on a distinguished road

+1

I wish someone would dup the UI that adobe is using in the CS3 suite. I find it interestingly similar to Apple's Cocoa but a tad better (IMO)

Sencha - Community Support Team jay@moduscreate.com's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all

Thumbs up

how about looking at the examples & extras, or the blog to take a gander?

most of the time in Rotterdam, sometimes in Mendoza
    Vote Rating
    lokiofragnar is on a distinguished road

Default examples & extras

examples & extras

Quote Originally Posted by jgarcia@tdg-i.com View Post
    how about looking at the examples & extras, or the blog to take a gander?
    Am is mistaken? but the blog is not written in Ext (or is it?) and do you refer to the samples and demo's when talking about examples & extras or am i missing something ...

Sencha - Community Support Team jay@moduscreate.com's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by lokiofragnar View Post
    Am is mistaken? but the blog is not written in Ext (or is it?) and do you refer to the samples and demo's when talking about examples & extras or am i missing something ...
    The blog has showcases of projects using Ext.

Thread Participants: 2