Sencha - Community Support Team jay@moduscreate.com's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all

Default [11/23/08] [1 beta 1] Ext.Window Drawers (GPL)

[11/23/08] [1 beta 1] Ext.Window Drawers (GPL)

Click here to download: winDrawers.alpha1.tgz

Inspired by Sean McDaniel

Vote Rating
    jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all

For those who don't venture out of windows and have not seen this before:

Click the image below to see a window drawer work in OS X

Vote Rating
    Yoris is on a distinguished road

Unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!! it is A REALLY GREAT CONTRIBUTION to the ext-user community!!! y personally thank you for posting this.
    Thanks a LOT.

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    mjlecomte will become famous soon enough mjlecomte will become famous soon enough

configurable fx. Cool. I just commented on something about that in another thread.

animCollapse : Boolean
    True to animate the transition when the panel is collapsed, false to skip the animation (defaults to true if the Ext.Fx class is available, otherwise false).
    Not sure why that isn't:
    animCollapse : BooleanMixed
    False (default) to skip the animation, otherwise specify a valid Ext.fx method: 'blind' (the current effect), 'fadeIn', 'fadeOut', ...etc).

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    mjlecomte will become famous soon enough mjlecomte will become famous soon enough

By the way, I understand better why the size is constrained to the base panel, but still, if you make your grid example real short, what happens...does it add vertical scroll bars? Your other screenshot, the panels start to stretch out with empty space. Just seems like there should be a config for the height in those situations which might be for 'fit' or maxHeight or whatever.
    Just thoughts....

Vote Rating
    sean is on a distinguished road

Sickness Jay! My original approach at a drawer component this was not nearly as nice. This will be a nice extension for those working on webtop style apps.

Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post
    Sickness Jay! My original approach at a drawer component this was not nearly as nice. This will be a nice extension for those working on webtop style apps.
    Thanks for the feedback dude. Still some work to do, but it's a start.

I'm hoping to add your window blind to an example to show how loaded a window can be

Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by mjlecomte View Post
    By the way, I understand better why the size is constrained to the base panel, but still, if you make your grid example real short, what happens...does it add vertical scroll bars? Your other screenshot, the panels start to stretch out with empty space. Just seems like there should be a config for the height in those situations which might be for 'fit' or maxHeight or whatever.
    Just thoughts....

Ideally, you should configure the parent window (which the drawers resize themselves to) to min dimensions.

The drawers are extensions of Ext.Window, which extend Panel - so you have all of the resizing functionality. I'm going to leave it up to the developer ( like Ext does ) to manage sizing. Ideally, you never want your drawer to get too small - otherwise having one (like in the grid example) makes no sense

Thanks for your feedback dude. It's always valuable.

Vote Rating
    sean is on a distinguished road

I think the users's should be able to resize the drawer, ie pull it in or out using a drag handle. Also I think that you will need to ensure that the drawer gets masked when the parent window is masked, if you haven't done so already.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    brian.moeskau is an unknown quantity at this point

Very nice. Need to sync the drawers when the main window is resized.

Hooray for more Mac fx