Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

Default IE 8 Issues

IE 8 Issues

In keeping up with the upcoming browsers, we'd like to know any issues which you may encounter with the IE8 Beta's and RC's. This thread is for any of those issues.

Please do NOT report these as bugs in the Bugs forum. Because IE8 is currently in beta it is not supported at this time.

Thanks,
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team
    -->

Sencha - Community Support Team mankz's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mankz is a name known to all mankz is a name known to all mankz is a name known to all mankz is a name known to all mankz is a name known to all mankz is a name known to all

One issue I've seen lots of is the combobox trigger button constantly ending up on the left side of comboboxes.
    Attached Images
    -->

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    nctag is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by mankz View Post
    One issue I've seen lots of is the combobox trigger button constantly ending up on the left side of comboboxes. Will post screenshots shortly!
    Is that the same as reported here:
    http://www.extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45513

If it is it, please reply on my thread and help to fix that thing. Nobody from the team answered yet.
    -->

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

Set an anchor on your fields within the Panel which uses a layout of form.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team
    -->

Vote Rating
    elnove is on a distinguished road

Great thread aconran !
    Since when browsing with IE8 we can set it to run in "compitability view", I suggest that evey issue will include reference to both veiws mode behaviors. that will help to.

El
    -->

Vote Rating
    stever will become famous soon enough stever will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by aconran View Post
    In keeping up with the upcoming browsers, we'd like to know any issues which you may encounter with the IE8 Beta's and RC's. This thread is for any of those issues.

Please do NOT report these as bugs in the Bugs forum. Because IE8 is currently in beta it is not supported at this time.

Thanks,
    Just a note -- I was able to get just about everything in ExtJS to work with IE8. Basically, treat IE8 as if it were not IE (except when getting namespaced attributes). Having Ext not set ext-ie in the body class list and not set Ext.isIE fixes almost everything. It is easier start from the basis that it is come completely new browser, and work out the various issues from there.
    -->

Sencha - Community Support Team Condor's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by stever View Post
    Just a note -- I was able to get just about everything in ExtJS to work with IE8. Basically, treat IE8 as if it were not IE (except when getting namespaced attributes). Having Ext not set ext-ie in the body class list and not set Ext.isIE fixes almost everything. It is easier start from the basis that it is come completely new browser, and work out the various issues from there.
    Yes, IE8 standards mode follows the W3C standards so closely that almost all IE specific code can be skipped.

The CSS files however do need to be updated for all non CSS 2.1 properties.
    Properties like overflow-x, text-overflow and zoom were all renamed to -ms-* (look here for a complete list).

The filter property not only got renamed to -ms-filter, but the filter expression now needs to be quoted also.
    This means that all filter:alpha(opacity=x) rules need to be changed to -ms-filter:'alpha(opacity=x)';filter:alpha(opacity=x).
    -->

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    bkang22 is on a distinguished road

After downloading and installing IE8 beta2 all pdf files were inaccessable, I right clicked and told them to open with Adobe Acrobat 8 Pro, but now when I create my forms in Distiller 8 I can no longer click preview PDF without having the annoying message "do you want to pen or save this file" every time, this did not occur until after I downloaded IE8 beta, and I checked the program files and a security update happened at the same time IE update? not sure if it is that or something else, but I will have to unistall IE8 here at work until I figure it out, getting that message every time I want to preview will drive me insane.
    -->

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    bkang22 is on a distinguished road

Instead of uninstalling Beta 8 I reinstalled Adobe Acrobat Pro 8 over itself (repair) and it corrected the problem! I'm very happy because I enjoy the speed of IE 8 beta along with the colored tabs....
    -->

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    thelern is on a distinguished road

Default Date Field

Date Field

The date field date picker does not render correctly in ie8. It cuts off the calendar instead of displaying the full calendar. THis happens in the latest ie 8 beta build.
    -->