Ext User
    Vote Rating
    antanse is on a distinguished road

Exclamation Aptana and Ext JS

Aptana and Ext JS

hi everyone,
    I a very new for Ext JS, if i ask or post some stupid questions, please forgive me. thanks in advance.

1. I recommend to build a special module for discuss how to use Aptana and Skpet to develop Ext JS.

2. i use the latest version of aptana to begin my first travel in Ext JS world, unfortunately, the easy and common question prevent my steps in Ext JS world. when i use aptana to create a new 'default web project' and import Ext JS library (embed in the aptana), i even could not use the basic functionality, for example, Ext.onReay(),

who can give my some advice or solutions for this problem, many many thanks in advance.

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    mjlecomte will become famous soon enough mjlecomte will become famous soon enough

http://extjs.com/blog/2008/02/01/ide...for-ext-js-20/

You'll probably get more help by posting in the aptana forums.

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    LoriHC is on a distinguished road

Hi antanse

mjlecomte is right -- asking in the Aptana forums will probably be more useful, since we'll need to get more info about exactly what version of Studio you're using, whether you're using our built-in support for Ext JS, whether you've updated to version 2.2 of the plugin, etc., and most of that info isn't relevant to the larger Ext community.

Generally speaking, if you have an HTML file that includes one of the Ext library files (e.g., ext-all.js), you'll get hints for the classes, properties, and methods defined in that file. If you also turn on Ext JS 2.2 in the Global References pane, that turns on code assist for Ext JS in all the JS files in your project, whether they're referenced in an HTML file or not.

If that doesn't solve your problem, come post on the Aptana forum. :-)

cheers,
    LoriHC

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    danh2000 is on a distinguished road

In general, I find code assist in Aptana buggy (actually, in general I find Aptana buggy). The code assist and outline in SPKET is way better in my opinion.

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    mjlecomte will become famous soon enough mjlecomte will become famous soon enough

What platform do you run spket with? Inside Aptana or separately?

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by mjlecomte View Post
    What platform do you run spket with? Inside Aptana or separately?
    Not sure if that question was posted to me or the OP.....

For me, I used to run SPKET within Aptana, now I just use SPKET as an eclipse plugin.

I tried everything to get Aptana to work well (fresh eclipse install, different eclipse package etc) but found that for a paid product (I bought a licence) it was far too buggy:

Code assist would stop working after a couple of hours and paint my editor with strange syntax colouring or stop responding to keypresses altogether.

Even when it did work, it wasn't great - it doesn't recognize the module pattern for instance so the outline view was useless in these instances.

SPKET simply works - IMHO it has far better support for the Ext library, and recognizes closure in my own code..

It's all down to personal experience though - Aptana just wasn't solid enough for me, but SPKET (getting stringer with each release) didn't cause me any of the problems I'd had with Aptana.

Ext User
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by danh2000 View Post
    Not sure if that question was posted to me or the OP.....
    Yes, that was directed to you. Thanks. I've only run both editors (default and spket) from within Aptana. I guess I may be missing out on some of what spket has to offer.

I have experienced some problems with Aptana, but I didn't find spket all that better from within Aptana. I should perhaps try to use spket in a different light.

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating

SPKET is getting better with each release - I have also experienced issues with earlier versions, but the current release is great

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    LoriHC is on a distinguished road

For the original poster, I looked in the code assist file for Ext JS, and I noticed that onReady() is listed as having scope="instance". This will cause Aptana Studio to hint only for Ext objects created with new, e.g.,

var ext = new Ext();
    ext.

In order for Studio to hint on Ext., the scope must be static. There might have been a misunderstanding about scope when the ScriptDoc file was generated; I can check with the Ext JS developers.

Ext User
    Vote Rating

Yeah, I've only seen some limited code hinting and just chalked it up as ..... ?? .....I don't know....I just accepted it and moved on. Sure would have been nice for Aptana.tv to have a little video on using ExtJS.

If we do have the ears of someone from Aptana, one issue that's come up is opening up ext-all-debug.js. It's a big file and Aptana.......pretty much chokes on it. Maybe there's some settings that can be adjusted or it's just not designed for a file that big.
    Dan, how does spket handle ext-all-debug?

As some defense, firebug pretty much chokes on it as well, it can be quite slow to get started. I've recently gone with the include allOfTheSmallerSourceFiles.js approach during development.

film izle

hd film izle

film sitesi

takipci kazanma sitesi

takipci kazanma sitesi

güzel olan herşey

takipci alma sitesi

komik eğlenceli videolar