Ext User
    Vote Rating
    LoriHC is on a distinguished road

A video on using Ext is a good idea, and is something we've been talking about recently. :-)

I don't have any trouble loading ext-all-debug.js in standalone Studio build 1.1.7; if you're using the Eclipse plugin or a different version, let us know. Bug reports and enhancement requests are always welcome at http://support.aptana.com/asap/.

Thanks for the feedback!

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    danh2000 is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by mjlecomte View Post
    Dan, how does spket handle ext-all-debug?
    Really well:

SPKET-Debug.jpg

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    mjlecomte will become famous soon enough mjlecomte will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by LoriHC View Post
    I don't have any trouble loading ext-all-debug.js in standalone Studio build 1.1.7; if you're using the Eclipse plugin or a different version, let us know. Bug reports and enhancement requests are always welcome at http://support.aptana.com/asap/.

Thanks for the feedback!
    Yeah, no problems "loading" it. But, how about if you try to highlight some rows, or highlight and delete some rows just for example. I have a noticeable pause (more than 1 second). If I keep that file open too long sometimes it affects other files and I'll just have to restart Aptana. As you said there's probably a more appropriate means of reporting this. But I just chalked it up to being a limitation as I didn't have another frame of reference (and firebug also is slow opening it and stepping around to some extent). If you do not have this slow behavior then I'll post something with my config details at the support link. I am running Aptana Studio 1.1.7 by the way.

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    mjlecomte will become famous soon enough mjlecomte will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by danh2000 View Post
    Really well:

Looks good. But so does Aptana? Aptana looks to have a bit more even?

That's a good reference, but at the moment Aptana is slow to handle moving around ext-all-debug.js. I thought you might be able to shed light on spket vs Aptana responsivenessity
    Attached Images

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    danh2000 is on a distinguished road

Looks good. But so does Aptana? Aptana looks to have a bit more even?
    I wasn't displaying the private stuff in my screenshot.

I thought you might be able to shed light on spket vs Aptana responsivenessity
    There isn't much in it on my machine - they're both usable, SPKET seems a but quicker at cursor positioning (following a click on a node in the Outline) and it redraws quicker following a show/hide private but not a huge difference between the responsiveness.

The biggest differences for me is the autocomplete is much more reliable in SPKET and the syntax colouring works perfectly - I just can't say the same for Aptana.

Basic example of code complete in SPKET:
    SPKET-assist.jpg

The above works conditionally in Aptana depending on where in your code you attempt the autocomplete - Even then, it's just not as detailed:

Code complete in Aptana:
    APTANA-assist.jpg

I don't want to knock the Aptana editor unconditionally - they are doing some good work, it's just that in my opinion and based on my own experiences, SPKET exceeds it in nearly every way.

Update:

Quote Originally Posted by danh2000 View Post
    There isn't much in it on my machine - they're both usable,
    I actually retract that statement - Aptana degrades quite considerably over time - the more you use it the slower it gets until I have to restart eclipse.

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    Eric Suen is on a distinguished road

I have experienced some problems with Aptana, but I didn't find spket all that better from within Aptana. I should perhaps try to use spket in a different light.
    I tried Aptana 1.1.7, It says support Ext 2.x, but if I edit a JavaScript file, it will list Ext.BasicDialog and has Ext 2.0 suffix, which obviously only exists in Ext 1.x, but in HTML file script element, it will list Ext.Window, in same project, it using two different Ext version.

And I do fresh install, create a simple web project, add Ext library, and open its ext_sample.htm, type couple lines code, it is already using about 300M memory.

The features which Aptana does not have.

1. code assist for configuration parameter. it will list the configueation parameters and where it be defined. see screen shot 1.
    2. Select Ext function, using Ctrl+left mouse button or F3, you can jump to the Ext source code, help you to learn how Ext works. see screen shot 2.
    3. the code assist simply works. see screen shot 3.
    4. code assist works well for Custom class. see screen shot 4, 5.
    Attached Images
    Spket IDE - Development Tool for RIA