Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    dario is on a distinguished road

Default Handling json null

Handling json null

Hi all
    I'm using a Store with a Json reader to get some data from the backend. Everything works fine but I get an error when some of this data has a null value.
    Here's my data

PHP Code:

{"licences":[{"Id":2,"LicenseKey":"123456","Point":null,"Owner":{"Id":1,"Name":"Witbit"}, "Mac":null,"Active":false},
    {
    "Id":3,"LicenseKey":"789013","Point":null,"Owner":null"Mac":null,"Active":false}]} 
    and corresponding reader:

PHP Code:

this
    .DS  = new Ext.data.Store(
    {

reader: new Ext.data.JsonReader(
                { 

root"licences",

fields: [ "Id""LicenseKey", {name:"Owner_Name"mapping:"Owner.Name"}, "Point",  "Mac""Active" 
                })
    }); 
    When I load the data I get an error because the second license object has no owner (=null) and thus Owner.Name is not an object.
    I already found a way to make my app work but I wonder if there's way to handle data with null value...for example the reader should check if an object is null before trying to parse its members?
    Thanks in advance

Vote Rating
    evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute

Pretty much, you'd have to implement some kind of custom parser with try catch blocks.
    Evan Trimboli
    Sencha Developer
    Twitter - @evantrimboli
    Don't be afraid of the source code!

Sencha - Community Support Team Condor's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of

Try:

Code:
    {name:"Owner_Name", mapping:"Owner", convert: function(v) {return v ? v.Name : null;}}

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    dario is on a distinguished road

Thanks Condor, that perfectly worked!

Thread Participants: 2