Ext User
    Vote Rating
    pokerking400 is on a distinguished road

Default Themes.

Themes.

Hi,

As i searched EXT there are few themse. It works.

But if you want to promote EXT you need 10000 different themes , so users can enjoy the benefit of EXT functionality as well as cooler colors.

What is the license or condition if i create a website where users can sell their themes for EXT.

Let me know all legal stuff of doing that. I think it is separate from EXT technical part or code.

It needs more creative work for users to create a "sellable" theme. What is max price for theme can be sold.

As i code in EXT , i thought i can contribute in someway to promote so users can sell their themes.

if it is profitable i may do the website. Of course you can sell it in many other template websites as well. Thought EXT needs its own template website.

Also i think most EXT users are corporate users. Not many like in other drupal or joomla or adobe templates users.

Any thoughts?.

Thanks.

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    mjlecomte will become famous soon enough mjlecomte will become famous soon enough

mailto:licensing@extjs.com

Vote Rating
    jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by pokerking400 View Post
    But if you want to promote EXT you need 10000 different themes , so users can enjoy the benefit of EXT functionality as well as cooler colors.

Eh - not really. When people build applications for windows - do they search for 10000 different themes?

Vote Rating
    Jonny is on a distinguished road

I agree jgarcia@tdg-i.com, from what I can see Ext JS is more suited for the development of applications...and the simple/clean themes it has are all it really needs.

Does anyone know of any posts in these forums that discusses what people are actually using Ext JS for?

Vote Rating
    jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all

Jonny,

It varies from spice added to the browser - http://djindexs.com - to full blown UI's. http://marketo.com

I use it for developing robust UIs for enterprise customers. These include Marriott Intl, JP Morgan Chase, Lockheed Martin and now FINRA to name a few.

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    Darklight is on a distinguished road

more themes would indeed be good. we'd pay for a nice theme before spending hours creating one ourselves. i guess $20-50 depending on quality would be a fair price.

Vote Rating

fair is relative to one's hourly rate!

Vote Rating

btw, in the HTML template world, companies can pay upwards of a thousand+ for a custom template.

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    Darklight is on a distinguished road

true, it's up to the author to charge whatever they want. and up to the customer to actually pay that price