Vote Rating
    systemlevel is on a distinguished road

Arrow Need a Simple Minimize Window-to-Taskbar Implementation

Need a Simple Minimize Window-to-Taskbar Implementation

I've been trolling through the forums without success for a nudge in the right direction to do the following:

I simply need to have a taskbar where I can "minimize" different windows I have open. I would love it to work just like the taskbar on the Desktop example but my needs are way more simple. I don't need a start menu and I can't have the "desktop" area. In other words just a taskbar along the bottom that windows can be minimized to.
    For any new window I create I would like to be able to make that window minimize to a taskbar area.

Are there any minimize handler implementation examples?
    I've completely went through the Desktop example but it's way more than I need and I need to have the taskbar restricted to a defined panel in a viewport setup.

Any inkling insight in the right direction would be very much appreciated.

Best Regards,

Sencha - Ext JS Dev Team Animal's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Animal has a spectacular aura about Animal has a spectacular aura about Animal has a spectacular aura about

Looked in your examples/desktop folder?

Vote Rating
    systemlevel is on a distinguished road

Exclamation Need a Simple Minimize Window-to-Taskbar Implementation

Need a Simple Minimize Window-to-Taskbar Implementation

Hi Animal,

Thank you for the reply. Yes I have gone through the desktop example and actually used that as a starting point but I ran into difficulty. First, The taskbar and desktop app take the whole screen; I need it limited to a defined region within a border layout.

Second, I don't need the startbutton or the desktop layout area. I would like to get some feedback from the community on how you would implement this type of solution.

Again just a simple window that can be minimized to a defined taskbar area which is constrained to a region within the border layout I have going on. Very simple, no startbutton or desktop viewing area.

Best,

Darren

Sencha - Ext JS Dev Team Animal's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Animal has a spectacular aura about Animal has a spectacular aura about Animal has a spectacular aura about

Can't you take that code, and make it use a Panel rather than a Viewport?

And then excise the code that creates the start button?

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    suzie is on a distinguished road

Exclamation ViewPort with TaskBar for minimised windows

ViewPort with TaskBar for minimised windows

Hi systemlevel,

Have you find a solution for "Minimize Window-to-Taskbar Implementation".

I didn't found it on the forum.

if some one can help, i think this kind of plugin can be very helpfull for everybody...

The idea is to make a mix beetween Desktop and viewport...
    I put a screenshot of what it could be.

Thanks for help...

Suzie
    Attached Images

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    SiddharthaMukherjee is on a distinguished road

I have the same problem . can you help me out?
    Quote Originally Posted by systemlevel View Post
    Hi Animal,

Thank you for the reply. Yes I have gone through the desktop example and actually used that as a starting point but I ran into difficulty. First, The taskbar and desktop app take the whole screen; I need it limited to a defined region within a border layout.

Second, I don't need the startbutton or the desktop layout area. I would like to get some feedback from the community on how you would implement this type of solution.

Again just a simple window that can be minimized to a defined taskbar area which is constrained to a region within the border layout I have going on. Very simple, no startbutton or desktop viewing area.

Best,

Darren

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    shiplu is on a distinguished road

I am looking for same thing. Didn't get any solution yet. If I find I'll surely share it here.