Ext User
    Vote Rating
    EagleEye666666 is on a distinguished road

Default Adapting ExtJS User Extentions to ExtGWT

Adapting ExtJS User Extentions to ExtGWT

Hello Guys,

Introduction: (less important)
    this is my first post so far, obviously. Iam not completely new to the GWT world. I have been already involed in a commercial project as a Developer... Using GWT and Ext as well (unfortunately not with Ext-GWT yet).
    So far I do really like the Ext-GWT style. My favorite is the MVC Mechanism! Well done!

Iam going to use Ext-GWT in some Open-Source project and I need RPC Paging and Bean support, that's why Ext-GWT is the choice.

My Posting and Discussion Content:
    I need more than the widget-components which Ext-GWT offers.

These two components:
    • ManagedIFramePanel (ExtJS UserExtention)
    • FileUpload-Dialog (ExtJS UserExtention as well) > I know already in the roadmap some fileupload, i dont know if it will be this one or selfmade
    How difficult is it to adapt the ExtJS for the usage with Ext-GWT and are there any license problems?
    My JS Experiences aren't well, if there are any I have checked solutions for the gwt-ext-ux widget library.
    I think for the ManagedIFramePanel it shouldn't be so difficult. At least the code looks fairly clear and not complicated. I just would have to write a Wrapper class for ExtGWT right??

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!
    best regards!

Edit: **** of course i meant in the title ExtGWT ... iam sorry for that isue, i cant edit it !! esh!!!

Ext GWT Premium Member gslender's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    gslender is on a distinguished road

Can you explain why you need ManagedIFramePanel? What problem does it solve? Is it needed?

Ext User
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by gslender View Post
    Can you explain why you need ManagedIFramePanel? What problem does it solve? Is it needed?
    http://extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16590 Here it what it is doing. But probably you are right that i will not need this functionality what the managediframe offers.
    I just need a possibility to display and load other pages within my application.

I do know that a normal frame would just do like this (I haven't test it yet, i know i should), but this frame would also offers me to use browser history(back btn)??

btw. thanks for your response.

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    zaccret is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by EagleEye666666 View Post
    Edit: **** of course i meant in the title ExtGWT ... iam sorry for that isue, i cant edit it !!
    esh!!!
    You can. When you edit, go to advanced mode and then change the title.

Ext User
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by zaccret View Post
    You can. When you edit, go to advanced mode and then change the title.
    thanks for the help with this.

Thread Participants: 2