Sencha - Community Support Team mankz's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mankz is a name known to all mankz is a name known to all mankz is a name known to all mankz is a name known to all mankz is a name known to all mankz is a name known to all

Default Analyzing AJAX web traffic

Analyzing AJAX web traffic

Has anyone got experience on how to analyze web traffic in an AJAX app. Traditionally I could use say Google Analytics to monitor which pages are being visited and display nice charts etc, but I guess this changes quite a bit when doing a one page app.

In my world, after initial page load the only data being transferred from the server would be JSON data. Application state is no longer represented by page transitions, are there any tools that could help me easily build statistics from a single page app...?

Any experience/hints on the issue would be greatly appreciated!

/Mats

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    tryanDLS is on a distinguished road

You could use something like Hitbox (which is now Omniture) or Doubleclick. These allow you to send tracking tags at any point you want, without regard to page load, by requesting an image or loading an url in an iframe. Not sure what kind of service levels they offer - I'm familiar with their use in Fortune 100 setting - not sure what kind of features they have for smaller businesses. There are probably other choices too.

Sencha - Community Support Team mankz's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mankz is a name known to all mankz is a name known to all mankz is a name known to all mankz is a name known to all mankz is a name known to all mankz is a name known to all

Great, thanks for the tip

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    roverwolf is on a distinguished road

Default Google Analytics API supports AJAX reporting

Google Analytics API supports AJAX reporting

You can even use Google Analytics still. They have an API that can be used via javascript to send "page views" or "events".

Their help sections contains quite a bit of information.
    http://www.google.com/support/analyt...n&answer=55519

Sencha - Community Support Team hendricd's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    hendricd will become famous soon enough hendricd will become famous soon enough

Thumbs up

@mankz -- ext-basex provides a request event for every Ajax request that Ext makes. It has all the details in there (and is cancellable if need be).
    "be dom-ready..."
    Doug Hendricks

Maintaining ux: ManagedIFrame, MIF2 (FAQ, Wiki), ux.Media/Flash, AudioEvents, ux.Chart[Fusion,OFC,amChart], ext-basex.js/$JIT, Documentation Site.

Got Sencha licensing questions? Find out more here.