Ext User
    Vote Rating
    arun Thakur is on a distinguished road

I am new to ExtJs and started couple of months back. I have experience with other Javascript frameworks.I find this forum very helpful so thanks to all. I have similar requirement I have to generate forms for my application using some xml code from server. Can anybody suggest me how I should proceed as these forms are not simple forms, one form could have multiple pages( eg questionnaire, survey forms). I thought of couple of options.
    a) May be I can write util functions using JavaScript or extJs xml parser to generate raw html from these xml files and then rendering that html to dom node. (least interested in this) b) Or I can write a utility will generate the extJs component JSON and use the Ext.ux.Plugin.RemoteComponent plugin to generate form.(http://www.extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18023)

Any suggestions?

thx,
    -a-

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    alien3d is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by mystix View Post
    that's new... i thought Ext didn't exist pre 2005...
    time of yui 0.33 maybe.I start yui april or may 2005.something like that.not sure.

Sencha - Ext JS Dev Team Animal's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Animal has a spectacular aura about Animal has a spectacular aura about Animal has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by arun Thakur View Post
    I am new to ExtJs and started couple of months back. I have experience with other Javascript frameworks.I find this forum very helpful so thanks to all. I have similar requirement I have to generate forms for my application using some xml code from server. Can anybody suggest me how I should proceed as these forms are not simple forms, one form could have multiple pages( eg questionnaire, survey forms). I thought of couple of options.
    a) May be I can write util functions using JavaScript or extJs xml parser to generate raw html from these xml files and then rendering that html to dom node. (least interested in this) b) Or I can write a utility will generate the extJs component JSON and use the Ext.ux.Plugin.RemoteComponent plugin to generate form.(http://www.extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18023)

Any suggestions?

thx,
    -a-

I suggest that the transformation from XML to JSON configuration be done on the server.

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    arun Thakur is on a distinguished road

Animal, Thank you for your reply. Your replies and suggestions on this forum are really very very helpful.Thanks again. Any specific reason I should generate JSON from xml on server side instead of doing it in JavaScript??