Vote Rating
    keithpitt is on a distinguished road

Default Sortable Lists?

Sortable Lists?

Gday guys,

Before I begin, congrats on the very awesome library.

Im implementing a sortable list into an application I'm creating. Just a bunch of DIV's that can be dragged & dropped into order. I'm using Ext with the prototype adapter. Should I be using script.aculo.us to do this? Or is there a Ext equivalent I should be using?

Thanks is advance.

Keith

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    dfenwick will become famous soon enough

You could use the MixedCollection class for this. You could also extend the MixedCollection class to provide your own rendering for your divs. You could also implement a new class that uses a MixedCollection class for your data and then provides its own rendering engine. You could also use a tree with a hidden root node and then apply a TreeSorter to the tree.

If you're referring to sortable as in being able to be reordered, then the tree is your friend. Remove the TreeSorter from it and all of the drag/drop is builtin. You don't have to deal with anything at all. Just add a bunch of TreeNode objects to it and you're done.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    brian.moeskau is an unknown quantity at this point

FYI, if you're after simple list sorting, then dfenwick's advice may work (I haven't tried it , but it sounds good ). If you're after multi-column panel sorting (like for example a portal layout) that is something that we're currently working on for an upcoming release...

Vote Rating
    keithpitt is on a distinguished road

The stuff Im sorting will only every have 5-10 records. Its only very simple sorting. I did consider using a tree for the sorting, but I thought it would be a little over-kill for what im trying to achieve. Will Ext ever support simple sorting? Is it something I can make a submit to Ext? Or should I just use the script.aculo.us stuff?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Ext will likely support simple sorting similar to script.aculo.us and jQuery "sortables," although I can't guarantee when that might happen. But based on some of the other things we're working on, simple sorting should not be very difficult to add. But as of today, you'd need to either implement it yourself (you could look at extending DragSource and DropTarget for example, or using a tree as suggested), or you could use another library (assuming you're not concerned with download size).

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    oshcha is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by brian.moeskau View Post
    Ext will likely support simple sorting similar to script.aculo.us and jQuery "sortables," although I can't guarantee when that might happen. But based on some of the other things we're working on, simple sorting should not be very difficult to add. But as of today, you'd need to either implement it yourself (you could look at extending DragSource and DropTarget for example, or using a tree as suggested), or you could use another library (assuming you're not concerned with download size).
    Any progress with this one?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Nope. It's not currently planned at the moment.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    willydee is on a distinguished road

That's a pity. A sortable list with sophisticated DD implementation similar to TreePanel would be just great. At the moment I'm kinda "degrading" TreePanels and TreeNodes for that purpose, but a store bound solution would be way better than crippling a full-blown tree.
    Count my vote for linear sortable lists.
    Kind regards,
    WillyDee

Problems worthy of attack, prove their worth by hitting back.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    willydee is on a distinguished road

Possibly yes. I discovered Animal's post just yesterday. Will have a look into it.
    Kind regards,
    WillyDee

Problems worthy of attack, prove their worth by hitting back.

film izle

hd film izle

film sitesi

takipci kazanma sitesi

takipci kazanma sitesi

güzel olan herşey

takipci alma sitesi

komik eğlenceli videolar