Ext User
    Vote Rating
    Zener is on a distinguished road

Default Doubt about license

Doubt about license

Hi everybody

First excuse me for my poor english

I need to know if I could use the extjs with GPL license in a intranet web project for the company where I work. The web is only accessible by company's employeers and it's not used like a commercial product.

Thanks in advance

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    mjlecomte will become famous soon enough mjlecomte will become famous soon enough

Sounds like you're using it commercially to me, but you should email licensing@extjs.com for license questions.

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    jburnhams is on a distinguished road

The FSF says:
    The GPL does not require you to release your modified version, or any part of it. You are free to make modifications and use them privately, without ever releasing them. This applies to organizations (including companies), too; an organization can make a modified version and use it internally without ever releasing it outside the organization.
    But if you release the modified version to the public in some way, the GPL requires you to make the modified source code available to the program's users, under the GPL.

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    mjlecomte will become famous soon enough mjlecomte will become famous soon enough

Two more that might be applicable, regardless I'd still suggest contacting above email for confirmation. IF nothing else, email them to respond to this thread.

http://www.fsf.org/licensing/license...yGPLCostsMoney
    http://www.fsf.org/licensing/license...UnreleasedMods

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    Zener is on a distinguished road

thanks mjlecomte and jburnhams

I´m gonna consult by email to be sure that I could use it. I still dont understand how the term "commercial" is applied in the license.

Sencha - Management Team abe.elias's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    abe.elias is on a distinguished road

Ext JS can be used both internally and externally under the GPL. I believe your question is whether you would be obligated to share any source code. Please refer to the following FAQ from the FSF:

http://www.fsf.org/licensing/license...cePostedPublic

Quote Originally Posted by Zener View Post
    Hi everybody

First excuse me for my poor english

I need to know if I could use the extjs with GPL license in a intranet web project for the company where I work. The web is only accessible by company's employeers and it's not used like a commercial product.

Thanks in advance

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    FatSquirrel is on a distinguished road

Just to clarify, by summarizing what I am reading here and with the link provided by Abe Elias above:

You may use ExtJS in a business intranet web application, and not redistribute the source code in exchange for payment. This usage *does not* require the purchase of a commercial license from Ext.

Correct?

Sencha - Management Team abe.elias's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    abe.elias is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by FatSquirrel View Post
    You may use ExtJS in a business intranet web application, and not redistribute the source code in exchange for payment. This usage *does not* require the purchase of a commercial license from Ext.
    So long as the end users are exclusive to that organization (ie no customers or 3rd parties) no distribution is taking place. Therefore, the GPL, a distribution license, would not require that any code be shared. In addition, there are many voluntary ways to support the Ext Team ... Support Subscriptions, Community involvement, etc.

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    FatSquirrel is on a distinguished road

Excellent -- thank you so much for the clarification and quick response! The company that I work for is evaluating Ext and this helps explain an important question that we have about licensing. I'm sure that we will be purchasing a support subscription.

Quote Originally Posted by abe.elias View Post
    So long as the end users are exclusive to that organization (ie no customers or 3rd parties) no distribution is taking place. Therefore, the GPL, a distribution license, would not require that any code be shared. In addition, there are many voluntary ways to support the Ext Team ... Support Subscriptions, Community involvement, etc.

film izle

hd film izle

film sitesi

takipci kazanma sitesi

takipci kazanma sitesi

güzel olan herşey

takipci alma sitesi

komik eğlenceli videolar