Hybrid View

Vote Rating
    danguba is a jewel in the rough danguba is a jewel in the rough danguba is a jewel in the rough

Thumbs up [Workaround] IE7 upload problem

[Workaround] IE7 upload problem

Hello,
    I have problem with Ajax Upload in ExJS. It works fine in Firefox 3.0 but when I try to do same in IE7 it looks like upload never ends. I used Fiddler to catch response and file is uploaded. Fiddler also shows me that server is sending success response but from some reason ExtJs is not catching that so it never enter success function. I’m pretty confused because this work with no problem in Firefox. Here is part of problematic code:

Code:
    fileUploadPost : function() {

//some code that is not important//

this.cardPanel.items.items[3].getForm().submit({

method : 'POST',
                params : {
                    'jsonData' : jsonData,
                    'jsonTaskData' : jsonTaskData
                },
                waitTitle : 'Connecting',
                waitMsg : 'Sending data...',
                scope : this,
                success : function(form, action) {
                    var submissionPostResponse = Ext
                            .decode(action.response.responseText);
                    if (submissionPostResponse.submissionTicket) {
                        this.submissionTicket = submissionPostResponse.submissionTicket.ticketId;
                    }
                },
                failure : function(form, action) {
                    // TODO Handle form failure
                }
            });
        }
    Last edited by danguba; 20 Feb 2009 at 7:29 AM. Reason: Workaround found
    All Best
    ---
    Željko Mitrović
    http://skitanja.blogspot.com/

"Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live." Martin Golding

Sencha - Community Support Team jay@moduscreate.com's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all

are you specifying fileUploadTrue in the form panel?

Vote Rating
    jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all

BTW, the term AJAX upload is incorrect. To do an "AJAX- like" file upload, a hidden iframe needs to be created to perform the upload.

could it be that your IE7 security settings are preventing this?

Vote Rating
    danguba is a jewel in the rough danguba is a jewel in the rough danguba is a jewel in the rough

Hi,
    tnx for quick response. I'm specifying fileUploadTrue in form panel so I guess that's not source of problem.

I tried to use File tree uploader (http:\\filetree.extjs.eu). I implemented it in my code and change only server url and parameters. It was the same.

When I try to change IE7 security the only thing diferent is that download popup apears

I'm using Java server.
    All Best
    ---
    Željko Mitrović

"Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live." Martin Golding

Vote Rating

using the same server side code, can you get regular form submission to work?

Vote Rating

Hi,
    I managed to get to success. Changing response header on server side helped. By adding connection:close and content-encoding:gzip to header IE now enters success. However now I cannot decode response.responsetext because it is empty even thou server send it correctly.
    All Best
    ---
    Željko Mitrović

Thread Participants: 1