Ext User
    Vote Rating
    mkppk is on a distinguished road

Question CPU overload - tree.root.expandAllChildren(true) kills CPU - IE only

CPU overload - tree.root.expandAllChildren(true) kills CPU - IE only

Using Ext 2.0.2

I have a static tree that is loaded with json on page load. The tree is large, but not crazy huge - it has about 1,000 nodes total, the deepest ones being about 3 levels deep.

I've made an "Expand All" link on my page that simply calls
    Code:
    myTree.root.expandAllChildren(true)
    In Firefox, Chrome, and Opera the expansion is noticeably slow (maybe 2-3 sec), but tolerable.

But in IE6 and IE7 the expansion will never complete. In fact, taking a look at task manager shows that IE is taking up 50%+ CPU and chewing up memory. It does this until IE stops responding and needs to be killed. I assume it is ending up in a infinite loop somehow.

Anyone else experience this? I've tried other method of expanding it but don't see many other options in the API. A recursive cascade() seems just as slow and is probably what exandAllChildren() does internally anyway.

Any support would be appreciated. Thanks.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    tryanDLS is on a distinguished road

Please retry with Ext 2.2.1 - no point in chasing something that may have been fixed multiple releases back.

Ext User
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by tryanDLS View Post
    Please retry with Ext 2.2.1 - no point in chasing something that may have been fixed multiple releases back.
    I have installed 2.2.1 and am experiencing the exact same symptoms.

Ext User
    Vote Rating

Anyone?

Thread Participants: 1