Ext User
    Vote Rating
    marlo is on a distinguished road

Default HTML Editor - empty content

HTML Editor - empty content

Hi All,
    We are using ExtJs 2.0, and HTML Editor for Email form. What happens is that sometimes users claim to send empty mails. If we look to system logs for these users we can see that the content of the message wasn't correctly picked up from the email form (length of string content from textarea is 0). This problem happens from time to time and a user see no error message in a browser, we also don't see any exceptions in server logs.

Do you think this could be browser issue (ExtJs 2.0 is not supporting FF3 or IE8)? Or maybe is this connected with content of the textarea (are there any forbiden chars in text area for HTML editor)?

Greetings,
    Marek

Vote Rating
    jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all

I would suggest upgrading to 2.2.1 immediately, as Fx3 is supported. if any of your users are using IE8, woah!

Can you replicate the problem easily? Can you provide a public -exercisable example?

Ext User
    Vote Rating

We are upgrading to ExtJs 2.2 in this month. The problem is that this empty emails problem happens sporadically and I wasn't able to reconstruct the problem.
    One of our customer was using IE7 while encountering this problem. That is way I'm not sure if upgrading to newer version of ExtJs will solve the problem.
    Anyway thank You for replay

Vote Rating
    jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all

I've not seen this issue with the HTML editor myself. How are you submitting the forms?

Ext User
    Vote Rating

Below some code, just to give you an overview of the case.

1)newMessage.js

Ext.onReady(
    var htmlE=new Ext.form.HtmlEditor({xtype:'htmleditor', id:'tresc',height:350,
    value:initvalue,width:350});

htmlE.enableSourceEdit=false;

var tresc = new Ext.Panel({renderTo:Ext.get('contentR'),frame:true,
    title: 'Content of the message',collapsible:false, collapsed:false,items: htmlE});
    )

function submit(){
    var tresc = document.getElementById("tresc").value;
    document.forms["newmessage"].elements["content"].value = tresc;
    }

2)NewMessage.html
    <form id="newmessage" name="newmessage">
    <textarea name="content" id="content"> </textarea>
    </form>

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    darshanags is on a distinguished road