Ext User
    Vote Rating
    khkachn is on a distinguished road

Default remote sort; setting sort column name

remote sort; setting sort column name

Hi,

I am doing server side sorting on grid columns and I would like to set the name that is returned for a column in the sort=name post. I don't want to change the column name.
    I want this one column to be sorted on 2 columns so the post should be like sort=col1,col2.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks,

Ken

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    mjlecomte will become famous soon enough mjlecomte will become famous soon enough

Seems like the backend could just as easily marshal this as the client, no?

If the client must do it for some reason, you could listen to beforeload event and adjust the params sent.

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    khkachn is on a distinguished road

Default remote sort; setting sort column name

remote sort; setting sort column name

Quote Originally Posted by mjlecomte View Post
    Seems like the backend could just as easily marshal this as the client, no?

If the client must do it for some reason, you could listen to beforeload event and adjust the params sent.

No, there may be multiple clients that want the sorting handled in different ways, each client needs to express their needs directly.

I will look into the listen option. I was just wondering if there was an undocumented (GASP!) item on the column that could be set.

Thanks,

Ken

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    mjlecomte will become famous soon enough mjlecomte will become famous soon enough

If I were to head down such a path, I'd use Excel as a reference (see attached).

I would look at using code Animal posted not long ago (the concept was for filtering but it would be easily adaptable to apply it for sorting).

http://extjs.com/forum/showthread.ph...590#post283590
    Attached Images

Thread Participants: 1