Vote Rating
    rogersja is on a distinguished road

Default Ext JS and either PHP or RoR

Ext JS and either PHP or RoR

Hello all,

I am building an enterprise web application, front end in Ext JS. I was originally going to use PHP for all the data handling and whatnot, however now I will also be integrating Asterisk* into the web app via Adhearsion which uses RoR to make things on a webpage control the asterisk app running on linux.

I suppose the questions is... Do I continue down the path I am on with php for data handling for everything save for the asterisk control bits and use RoR for that, or do I do it all in RoR.

If anyone has experience with integrating RoR and Ext, I would appreciate your feedback with ease of use and any problems I would be likely to face by using RoR.

Any asterisk/adhearsion integration tips are welcomed as well!

Thanks so much
    Cheers,
    JR

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    tryanDLS is on a distinguished road

There are some threads re ROR here. You might want search for those and either bump those threads or contact the author.

Vote Rating
    rogersja is on a distinguished road

Hi Tim,

Thanks for your reply!

I had done a fairly extensive search for RoR integration, et al. And I have also reviewed the aids published in the Learning Center.

However, the spirt of my post was to connect, and assimilate as much knowledge from other ExtJS programmers who have experience with any combination of ExtJS, RoR, Adhearsion, and/or Asterisk*.

JR

Thread Participants: 1