Vote Rating
    benny_boi is on a distinguished road

Question ComboBox causing "blur" event when clicking on it's expand button

ComboBox causing "blur" event when clicking on it's expand button

Hi All,

Firstly, I have to say that ext library has blown me away for the incredibly polished things it achieves!

One small thing I noticed when I was playing with forms in [v1.0.1a]...

For my application, I find that validation firing before a user has finished completing a field is a little premature, so I set a global behaviour to cause validation on field blur with the following code:

Code:

Ext.form.Field.prototype.validationEvent = 'blur';
    This works exactly as expected except with ComboBoxes. When you click the little button to expand the box, it causes a blur event (and therefore validation) because the focus has gone off the actual entry box. This causes validation warnings when the user hasn't yet had a chance to choose a value.

Not sure if there's an undocumented event I should use instead of "blur" for ComboBoxes to get around this, or whether the textbox and expand button should be considered as a single entity for firing off events, but would welcome the guru's thoughts on this.

Keep up the great coding guys!

Cheers,

Ben

Sencha - Community Support Team jsakalos's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future

The validation event is the configurable option. See http://extjs.com/deploy/ext/docs/output/Ext.form.Field.html#configs.

You should post into Bugs forum only if you are 100% sure it's the bug and, ideally, together with a proposed solution. Otherwise to Help forum if you have a specific question or you need a help on a specific matter or to General Discussion forum if you have questions about basic design philosophy.
    Jozef Sakalos, aka Saki

Education, extensions and services for developers at new http://extjs.eu
    News: Blessing and Curse of refs, Grid MultiSearch Plugin

Vote Rating
    benny_boi is on a distinguished road

Default Alternative to "blur" to validate when user leaving field?

Alternative to "blur" to validate when user leaving field?

I understand that I can configure the valiationEvent - just cant find burried in the docs a better alternative to "blur", or I'd override validationEvent on the indiviual fields that are misbehaving (ie: ComboBoxes).

Tripping "blur" validation when someone clicks on something within the control seems inconsistent behaviour -as technically the focus has only been lost from an individual DOM object - not the ComboBox itself.

And sorry - I'm still stretching my brain to appreciate the work these guys have put in - if I had already devised the solution I would happily share it.

Sencha - Community Support Team jsakalos's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future jsakalos has a brilliant future

OK, let's have an Ext team member to aswer if this behavior is by design, if it's bug, or else. I'm interested too as I'm going to implement both client and server side validations soon.
    Jozef Sakalos, aka Saki

Education, extensions and services for developers at new http://extjs.eu
    News: Blessing and Curse of refs, Grid MultiSearch Plugin

Vote Rating
    jack.slocum will become famous soon enough

Let me see if I have this right - you override the default validation and set it to blur, then post in bugs when the field is validating when it is blurred? Clicking on the trigger is blurring the form field, Ext cannot control that.
    Jack Slocum
    Ext JS Founder
    Original author of Ext JS 1, 2 & 3.
    Twitter: @jackslocum
    jack@extjs.com

Thread Participants: 2

film izle

hd film izle

film sitesi

takipci kazanma sitesi

takipci kazanma sitesi

güzel olan herşey