Ext User
    Vote Rating
    Zakaroonikov is on a distinguished road

Default Basic Dialog Shim

Basic Dialog Shim

I have a dialog box using Ext.BasicDialog with shim set to true in the config. Underneath the dialog window is a flash object which overwrites the borders around the dialog. If I set Ext.useShims to true then this problem goes away.

Shouldn't the shim:true config value take care of this instead?

As a temporary workaround I have set Ext.useShims to true before creating the dialog and Ext.useShims to what is was before the dialog create after the constructor is run.

In the code to the BasicDialog I found this: (line 200)
    if(Ext.useShims && this.shim !== false){

Should this be an || instead of a &&?

Vote Rating
    jack.slocum will become famous soon enough

It is set up to allow you to turn it off even if useShims is true (e.g. overriding the default). The set up is to use shims as infrequently as possible (rather than the opposite) as shimming is expensive.
    Jack Slocum
    Ext JS Founder
    Original author of Ext JS 1, 2 & 3.
    Twitter: @jackslocum
    jack@extjs.com

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    Zakaroonikov is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by jack.slocum View Post
    It is set up to allow you to turn it off even if useShims is true (e.g. overriding the default). The set up is to use shims as infrequently as possible (rather than the opposite) as shimming is expensive.
    By doing that then if you have useShims set to false then the shim parameter is meaningless. Is that correct? I would prefer to just turn on the shim when I need it and would be handy if all I needed to do was add the shim: true in the config of the object. Right now I have to wrap that call with calls setting useShims to true then false.

Thread Participants: 1