Ext User
    Vote Rating
    lensesby is on a distinguished road

Default How to change date format after a date field has been created?

How to change date format after a date field has been created?

I defined " format: 'm/d/Y' " in my date field configuration, but i need to give my user another format choice 'd/m/Y'. I searched in the forum, but can't find how to change the format setting after a date field has been created. May be i shouldn't do it this way, can anyone give me some advice? thanks

Sencha - Community Support Team jay@moduscreate.com's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all

Have you looked at the API?

altFormats : String

Multiple date formats separated by "|" to try when parsing a user input value and it doesn't match the defined format (defaults to 'm/d/Y|n/j/Y|n/j/y|m/j/y|n/d/y|m/j/Y|n/d/Y|m-d-y|m-d-Y|m/d|m-d|md|mdy|mdY|d|Y-m-d').

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    lensesby is on a distinguished road

If i set "altFormat", that makes my datefield accept both 'm/d/Y' and 'd/m/Y' format.
    But my idea is : if user choose 'm/d/Y', then 'd/m/Y' will be consider error, and vice versa.
    In another word, after my datefield was created, user can change the format and make that format be the only valid one.

thanks for your reply.

Thread Participants: 1