Sencha - Ext JS Dev Team Animal's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Animal has a spectacular aura about Animal has a spectacular aura about Animal has a spectacular aura about

I don't think there's a bug in the Event object. It seems to return an HtmlElement, not an Ext.Element.

It doess need documenting though. I'll have a go when I have time to study the code enough.

Sencha - Community Support Team mystix's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mystix will become famous soon enough

Hi @Animal, one last (unrelated) question.

I've noticed in your code samples elsewhere that you also use Ext.apply() on an object's prototype, vs Ext.override() on an object's instance in your code sample above. Is this merely personal preference, or is there some reason behind it?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    JorisA is on a distinguished road

http://extjs.com/deploy/ext/docs/out...html#getTarget

Code:
    public function getTarget([String selector], [Number/String/HTMLElement/Element maxDepth], [Boolean returnEl])

* returnEl : Boolean
          (optional) True to return a Ext.Element object instead of DOM node

Vote Rating
    jack.slocum will become famous soon enough jack.slocum will become famous soon enough

Joris, false is not a valid selector. If you want an Ext.Element you will need to pass a valid selector. If you don't need the selector then like Animal posted, wrap it in an Ext.get or Ext.fly.
    Jack Slocum
    Ext JS Founder
    Original author of Ext JS 1, 2 & 3.
    Twitter: @jackslocum
    jack@extjs.com

Sencha - Ext JS Dev Team Animal's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Animal has a spectacular aura about Animal has a spectacular aura about Animal has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by mystix View Post
    Hi @Animal, one last (unrelated) question.

I've noticed in your code samples elsewhere that you also use Ext.apply() on an object's prototype, vs Ext.override() on an object's instance in your code sample above. Is this merely personal preference, or is there some reason behind it?
    There's no difference. Ext.override puts the properties from the 2nd arg into the 1st arg's prototype. Ext.apply puts the properties from the 2nd arg into the 1st arg, so you just specify ".prototype" on the 1st arg.

Sencha - Community Support Team mystix's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mystix will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by Animal View Post
    There's no difference. Ext.override puts the properties from the 2nd arg into the 1st arg's prototype. Ext.apply puts the properties from the 2nd arg into the 1st arg, so you just specify ".prototype" on the 1st arg.
    eureka! thanks for the tip

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    Manivel is on a distinguished road

Hi

i wanna one help. i have a grid with summary and pagination. My question is how to show the summary for all rows while pagination. If i change the next page of grid the summary shows only for that page. but i want summary for all rows.
    Regards & Thank You
    P. Manivel

Sencha - Community Support Team Condor's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of

Why are you posting this question is this really old thread?

ps. You would have to use a remote summary (e.g. your server returns the summary values and the grid summary shows that info instead of calculating it itself).

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    Manivel is on a distinguished road

please give the code
    Regards & Thank You
    P. Manivel

Sencha - Community Support Team Condor's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of Condor has much to be proud of

This is not an Ext 1.x question and it has nothing to do with this thread. Please start a new thread in the correct forum!