Ext User
    Vote Rating
    hunter is on a distinguished road

Question regarding filtering from another page

regarding filtering from another page

Hi I have an ext grid working good.

In all the examples given in this forum, filter components and grid are loaded in the same page.I have a filter which is working fine. But I want to filter the grid (server side) in such a way that the filter components like check box, combo box etc. are loaded in a page and the grid is loaded in another page. ie I load the filter page on the west and grid page on the center. How can I filter the grid in this way?

Ext/Javascript experts, please help me...........

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    KimH is on a distinguished road

You can do that by simple putting the filter in one region and the grid in another region... however... if what you are looking for is this kind of solution where either or both of these components are loaded thrugh an iframe then I can't help you

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    hunter is on a distinguished road

Question

if what you are looking for is this kind of solution where either or both of these components are loaded thrugh an iframe then I can't help you
    Hi Kim, thanks for replying, what u told is right, I am loading both the filter components and grid in separate pages by means of different iframes. here the regions are situated in different pages. This is the big hurdle before me.

I hope somebody would be there to answer me

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    joxan is on a distinguished road

Hi friends..

Same Kind of issue i am facing now..If somebody reply for this many will benefited....And any body have any solution or advice then please post on this throed....

!. As discussed before, any of the page loaded in an iframe ...it is impossible to solve it....
    Please any body tell what is the reason and please tell any alternate for that....

joxan

Sencha - Ext JS Dev Team Animal's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Animal has a spectacular aura about Animal has a spectacular aura about Animal has a spectacular aura about

Is there a reason why you are using iframes rather than loading ContentPanels through their UpdateManagers?

Ext User
    Vote Rating

Hi friends,

Thank You

Is It Possible to load pages dinamically without iframes, Using update manager ?

if i have a content panel with iframe ..here i can loa dpage like this.....
    Code:
     layout.add('center', new Ext.ContentPanel('center1', {title: 'Home',fitToFrame:true, autoCreate: {tag: 'iframe',  id: 'cpMain', name: 'cpMain', frameborder: 'no'}}));

Ext.get('cpMain').dom.src= 'http://www.yahoo.com';
    how can i load page using update manager ?

Vote Rating
    Animal has a spectacular aura about Animal has a spectacular aura about Animal has a spectacular aura about

That's one of the whole points of this trendy "Ajax" buzzword! Using the XMLHttpRequest class to pull content from the server without refreshing the page! Hadn't you realized? This is what's going on all the time in Ext and frameworks like it.

Read the docs of ContentPanel, Element and UpdateManager.

Ext User
    Vote Rating

Hi friend .

yes friend i know that....

Once i asked the similker query i was adviced to use iframe to load page.

i tried like

Code:
    layout.add('west', new Ext.ContentPanel('westpanel', {title: 'Reports',fitToFrame:true}));
    var el = Ext.get('westpanel');
    var mgr = el.getUpdateManager();
    mgr.update('http://www.yahoo.com/');
    this error am getting always

[B][Exception... "'Permission denied to call method XMLHttpRequest.open' when calling method: [nsIDOMEventListener::handleEvent]" nsresult: "0x8057001e (NS_ERROR_XPC_JS_THREW_STRING)" location: "<unknown>" data: no][/B

y this error ? any error in my code ??
    joxan

Vote Rating

You can't go cross domain using ContentPanels without iframes.

if you are writing a web application though, you would be using resources on the same domain. And you would easily be able to reference objects in the various ContentPanels.

Ext User
    Vote Rating

Hi friend

Code:
    You can't go cross domain using ContentPanels without iframes.

if you are writing a web application though, you would be using resources on the same domain. And you would easily be able to reference objects in the various ContentPanels.
    i ddit get u.. can u make bit more clear............. joxan