Vote Rating
    len is on a distinguished road

Default dynamic extjs (like php)

dynamic extjs (like php)

Code:
    <html>
    <head>
        <title>Editor Grids</title>
        <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="../../../lib/extjs/resources/css/ext-all.css" />
         <script type="text/javascript" src="../../../lib/extjs/adapter/ext/ext-base.js"></script>
        <script type="text/javascript" src="../../../lib/extjs/ext-all.js"></script>
        <script>
    //ommitted codes here
    //ommitted codes here
    grid = new Ext.grid.EditorGridPanel({
                renderTo: document.body,
                frame:true,
                title: 'Movie Database',
                height:300,
                width:520,
                enableColumnMove: false,
                store: store,
                clicksToEdit: 2,
                columns: [
                    {header: 'Movie Title', dataIndex: 'title', editor: title_edit},
                    {header: 'Director', dataIndex: 'director', editor: director_edit},
                    {header: 'Released', dataIndex: 'released', renderer: Ext.util.Format.dateRenderer('Y-m-d'), editor: release_edit},
                    {header: 'Genre', dataIndex: 'genre', renderer: genre_name, editor: genre_edit},
                    {header: 'Tagline', dataIndex: 'tagline', editor: tagline_edit}
                ],
    //ommitted codes here
    //ommitted codes here
        </script>
    </head>
    <body>
    </body>
    </html>
    hello guys,

i have a php file (containing the code above).
    in the code, i have a grid basically, as can be seen above, i hard coded the parts of the columns config object (header, dataIndex, etc...).
    i have a table in the database containing 5 columns (the ones being displayed in the grid) so everything seems to be fine (as the store queries the table).

my problem is if i modify the number of columns in the table, i have to modify again (hard-coding again) the above file since it's javascript(?)

in php i could have done this dynamically i mean i could have used the for each () statement (instead of hard coding every column) to display every column queried from the table.

is there a way in extjs to do the same thing, not requiring rehard-coding the code every time a change is made in the structure of the backend tables (or by the result set being returned by the query)? or is this a limitation we have to live with using extjs?

please enlighten me

thanks a lot guys

Vote Rating
    jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all

There is no reason why you can't have PHP that generates JavaScript dynamically. Hell, it's been done for many years now.