Vote Rating
    stever will become famous soon enough stever will become famous soon enough

JIRA and TRAC both have remote capabilities which is how Eclipse is able to interoperate with both directly. So by that same token, you could create a ExtJS frontend for either.

However, Trac is free, JIRA is not. And there might be confusion with their open source exception, so it is best to just avoid it and any hastles that might come from that.

As for the idea of having workarounds -- I like that. Perhaps if we have our own bug database, we can restrict bug reports to only those that have workarounds. Not being in the Core group of ExtJS, I don't see much of a point of handling one otherwise.

Vote Rating
    davenolan has a spectacular aura about davenolan has a spectacular aura about

Ah OK, that's what I thought, so it relates to creating an ExtJS frontend, not the more fundamental issue of having *some* bugtracker *any* bugtracker!

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    durlabh is on a distinguished road

For our internal apps, we are using an IssueTracker we created using ExtJS/ C#/ SQL in couple of days. Here are the screenshots:

http://www.durlabh.com/misc/projectList.png
    http://www.durlabh.com/misc/issueList.png
    http://www.durlabh.com/misc/issueEditor.png

So, I'm sure if need be, Trac front-end can be developed within couple of days using ExtJS!

Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by stever View Post
    jQuery made their copy of Trac look pretty nice. Here is a timeline to show their changes day by day to the source:

http://dev.jquery.com/timeline/

I have a version of Trac for ExtJS. I'll populate it with some changes to Ext that I made over the years. Would be a better source of documentation than I have now! Anyone else interested in putting in bugs that have fixes or workarounds?
    Definitely willing to help transfer stuff from the forums.

Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by stever View Post
    Since there is already a bug forum here, and I don't want to replace it as a forum to ask if something is a bug, etc. But for those that are above noob level, know what the problem is AND have a solution, then this might be a good source.

I think it ought to be for things already filtered with proposed fixes for it to be worthwhile.

http://tracext.appcenter.com/report/1
    Excellent, thank you. This is a great place to start, though it strikes me as more of a patch tracker than a bug tracker I still believe that we really need a single bugtracker that store the current state of knowledge about defects in ExtJS. But that will require involvement from the devs, who have been silent hitherto.

Anyway, thanks very much Stever. How do you want to play it? Should people apply to you for logins, or do you want to update it yourself?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Event venue Singapore is on a distinguished road

+1 this idea as well...the more open source the better.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    ssamayoa is a splendid one to behold ssamayoa is a splendid one to behold ssamayoa is a splendid one to behold ssamayoa is a splendid one to behold ssamayoa is a splendid one to behold ssamayoa is a splendid one to behold ssamayoa is a splendid one to behold ssamayoa is a splendid one to behold

The problem is not in the tool used to track bugs but in the will of Sencha to make it public.

If Sencha agree to make the bug tracker public I see no reason to use any of the existing commercial and/or open source solutions, why invent the wheel again?
    UI: Sencha Architect 3.x / ExtJS 4 & 5
    Server side: JEE / EJB 3.x / CDI / JPA 2.x/ JAX-RS / JasperReports
    Application Server: Glassfish / WildFly
    Databases: Oracle / DB2 / MySQL / Firebird

If you like my answer please vote!

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    dwils will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by ssamayoa View Post
    The problem is not in the tool used to track bugs but in the will of Sencha to make it public.

If Sencha agree to make the bug tracker public I see no reason to use any of the existing commercial and/or open source solutions, why invent the wheel again?
    Not sure I follow that last part, but yes...they use Jira.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    ssamayoa is a splendid one to behold ssamayoa is a splendid one to behold ssamayoa is a splendid one to behold ssamayoa is a splendid one to behold ssamayoa is a splendid one to behold ssamayoa is a splendid one to behold ssamayoa is a splendid one to behold ssamayoa is a splendid one to behold

Re-reading my own post I see that isn't clear:

There was some fellow that suggested the creation of bug tracker with ExtJS, that's the reason of my comment.

BTW, Aaron said that they use Trac.

Regards.
    UI: Sencha Architect 3.x / ExtJS 4 & 5
    Server side: JEE / EJB 3.x / CDI / JPA 2.x/ JAX-RS / JasperReports
    Application Server: Glassfish / WildFly
    Databases: Oracle / DB2 / MySQL / Firebird

If you like my answer please vote!

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    dwils will become famous soon enough

Ah. Yeah, I'd agree that trying to build a bug tracking app with extjs wouldn't be the best use of time. But Aaron's comment about Trac was made over 4 years ago. I've been told they're now using Jira.