Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    ssamayoa is just really nice ssamayoa is just really nice ssamayoa is just really nice ssamayoa is just really nice

I didn't noticed that the post was too old!
    UI: Sencha Architect 3.x / ExtJS 4 & 5
    Server side: JEE / EJB 3.x / CDI / JPA 2.x/ JAX-RS / JasperReports
    Application Server: Glassfish / WildFly
    Databases: Oracle / DB2 / MySQL / Firebird

If you like my answer please vote!

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    dougbieber is on a distinguished road

And look how much better things are today.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    dwils will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by dougbieber View Post
    And look how much better things are today.
    I think it's a desire to have more transparency. Clearly it's understandable to *limit the general user's ability to flood the system with tickets. But read-only access would be a start..

I would hope/assume Jira would provide a feature for subscribing to an issue/ticket. It would allow premium users to act upon nightly updates and hotfixes, and would give Sencha another tool to effectively allocate resources by monitoring the most-subscribed tickets.
    Last edited by dwils; 24 Jul 2013 at 6:05 AM. Reason: *words

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    brian428 is a splendid one to behold brian428 is a splendid one to behold brian428 is a splendid one to behold brian428 is a splendid one to behold brian428 is a splendid one to behold brian428 is a splendid one to behold brian428 is a splendid one to behold

It is pretty disturbing that this thread is four years old.

Users must be able to submit tickets. The whole point would be ruined if this was prevented.

Yes, there would occasionally be stupid / irrelevant issues submitted. But with any decent system, this is a one-click resolution. Look at JetBrains. They are a small company (smaller than Sencha I believe), with like 20 different products. Anyone can submit issues, and JetBrains actually reads, replies to, and updates the issues! Shocking, I know!

There's just no excuse, no excuse at all, for using a discussion forum as an issue tracker. That would have been sad 5 years ago. Today, it's completely absurd.

Just buy a license for Jira or YouTrack and be done with it. I manage multiple Jira instances myself, and I'm not a sys admin, I'm a software engineer. It's not that difficult or complicated. Please, Sencha, just do this already. Help us to help you!

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    jptrainor will become famous soon enough jptrainor will become famous soon enough

Google have open bug trackers. If you post a message about a problem on their forums the developers will often tell you to please post a bug and point you at a bug tracker. Outside developers don't appear to inundate their bug lists with garbage. In fact, the opposite happens at times - some seem down right reluctant to post bugs even when asked by Google to do so. It's very useful to be able to see when attention is applied to an issue you've submitted and be able to verify a build when it appears to be fixed. If you post a garbage bug report it gets ignored. No big deal. You learn quickly not to submit crap reports if you want your issue addressed.

Sencha has a different culture. I haven't figured it out.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    andrewx is on a distinguished road

Have we gotten an official response on this? Using the forums to track the status of bug fixes is a bit of a pain..

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    dougbieber is on a distinguished road

Default Why I want a bug trracker

Why I want a bug trracker

Searching the forums to identify a "known" bug is painful. Some people who post don't even input the EXTJS release version or the title of their post is something like "Grid doesn't work".

A bug tracker adds discipline and would make it so much easier to find issues. Not to mention I think it would improve the quality of the product. How? If I find a problem I don't always create a reproducible case because that does take time/effort so I'll just wait for the next release. Plus, if it's already a known issue there could be multiple customer-developers creating test cases. This is a wasteful duplication of effort.

EXTJS is not Microsoft Word. The customers are developers just like those creating the Sencha products and we need similar tools to do our job effectively.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    brian428 is a splendid one to behold brian428 is a splendid one to behold brian428 is a splendid one to behold brian428 is a splendid one to behold brian428 is a splendid one to behold brian428 is a splendid one to behold brian428 is a splendid one to behold

Indeed. I'm a developer at a large (Fortune 500) company. If we ever tried to tell a client that our issue tracking system was a discussion forum, we'd never win another contract.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    jptrainor will become famous soon enough jptrainor will become famous soon enough

Sencha. Think Different

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    shepsii is a jewel in the rough shepsii is a jewel in the rough shepsii is a jewel in the rough

I just wanted to add my voice to this thread, albeit from a Sencha Touch perspective.

It is ludicrous there's no public bug tracker for this kind of framework. Even more ludicrous that many bugs get missed in the discussion forum because they're not put into the system.

I'm sure this contributes to the bugs that end up in releases (ie: 3 public releases with infinite list support. It still doesn't work without a showstopper bug in a native iOS app which is a bit silly, to say the least).

I'm not a support subscriber right now. I judge Sencha on what I see from here which is a phenomenal, grade A framework. But because you're trying to sell me support and I don't see anything suggesting you're very good at this, I consistently pass on the support sub.

Only like most people here trying to offer constructive feedback! Apologies if my frustration comes off otherwise.
    I blog about Sencha Touch at www.senchatouchdev.com