Vote Rating
    tkmilbaugh is on a distinguished road

Default Multiple line select box

Multiple line select box

I have not found any way to construct a multiple line scrolling box that works like an HTML SELECT with size > 0, like this code:
    Code:
    <select size="5">
        <option value="foo">foo</option>
        <option value="bar">bar</option>
        <option value="blech">blech</option>
    </select>
    Resulting in this:

A grid does not work, because I don't want any headers or gridlines or resizing, etc.
    Last edited by tkmilbaugh; 22 Apr 2009 at 5:04 AM. Reason: add image

Vote Rating
    jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all

use DataView

Vote Rating
    jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all

Negative, it's not what he wants.

To be honest, I don't see why there is not multi-select form field in the framework.

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    mjlecomte will become famous soon enough mjlecomte will become famous soon enough

Yeah, noticed that after reread that I misread the post. I was looking at ComboBox to see if it could be extended to offer singleSelect:false and instead of trigger to open, I guess just render it open.

Vote Rating

well, then you have the filter box up top, which is not required for a multi-select box.

hence, we're back to the data view (used in the combo of course), with some field validations added.

Vote Rating
    tkmilbaugh is on a distinguished road

Thanks for your suggestions, I have a data view, but am having trouble making it look like I want it:

How would I force a scroll bar to always appear, and disable the cursor appearing inside a selected item?

Vote Rating

You need to set the element to scroll: auto in the CSS.

Also, you'll need to do things like setup validation and invalid marker methods.

ideally, this should extend 'field'