Ext User
    Vote Rating
    mwiley63 is on a distinguished road

Default [Ext-3.0-rc1] Buffering a page with the Buffer Grid Example

[Ext-3.0-rc1] Buffering a page with the Buffer Grid Example

Hello all,

My end goal is to create a grid, with 100,000 records per page, that buffers about 500 records at a time on the page. I was able to do this with the Ext.ux.Livegrid in Extjs 2.x, but without the paging and ran into problems with datasets > 1 million records.

I just downloaded and installed RC1 for extjs 3.0. I have looked at the example of a paging grid that was provided in the download. It is very nice, but I would like to customize it a little further, however I am unsure where I should start or how I would go about doing so.

Any tips or suggested readings are appreciated. I am having a hard time understanding the BufferView.js file, and I think my answer lies in there - or using that class correctly.

Sencha - Community Support Team jay@moduscreate.com's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all

BufferView is relatively adavanced javascript. To be honest, you should learn more about how the grid works (View,Store, etc) and javascript object oriented concepts before moving forward.

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    mwiley63 is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by jgarcia@tdg-i.com View Post
    BufferView is relatively adavanced javascript. To be honest, you should learn more about how the grid works (View,Store, etc) and javascript object oriented concepts before moving forward.
    I do understand that it is advanced, but I feel confident this is a problem I can tackle. I have spent time learning how the grid works, and reviewing the documentation provided in the rc, I've also have spent many years doing object oriented programming in a variety of languages (i'm just learning the syntax to extjs classes). The problem is I can't find anything that covers the BufferedView.js or explains how it works. This is where a majority of my questions lie.

I have been spending some time messing around with the new grid, and I am stumped on how to do one thing. I would like to set the limit size of the store function to 500, which is already in place and there. However, I would also like to set the page size to 10,000.

On the Ext.ux.Livegrid there was a parameter called nearLimit for the BufferView, which was an override of GridView - What this would do is recall the store.load function, with a new start position for loading up data as you got near the amount of data in the store's cache. Does the BufferedView.js have something in it's class that' s not in the example? I am tempted to modify it so it does not, but I am having a hard time understanding its methods.

I would like to do something similar with the example provided with rc-1. However, I am having trouble figuring out where I should start. I also am having a hard time understanding the BufferedView.js file, as I can't seem to find any documentation on it's functions and what they do.

Thanks for your response.

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    mjlecomte will become famous soon enough mjlecomte will become famous soon enough

One suggestion might be to set a break point in the example file, maybe another in the constructor or initComponent method of BufferView and step it through to see if you can figure more out that way. If you can get @#$# firebug to play nice just set breakpoints throughout BufferView and see what affects that class has, etc.

I've re-read your post a couple of times now and I can't figure out what your questions are even. You might formulate your questions, maybe someone will indulge you with answers.

film izle

hd film izle

film sitesi

takipci kazanma sitesi

takipci kazanma sitesi

güzel olan herşey

takipci alma sitesi

komik eğlenceli videolar