Vote Rating
    Mango_lier is on a distinguished road

Default How to open Simple Task demo

How to open Simple Task demo

Can someone provide few instructions on how to open the Simple Task code in Aptana Studio to run in debug mode? I would like to step through the code to learn about Air.

Vote Rating
    makana has a spectacular aura about makana has a spectacular aura about

I don't use aptana studio, so I don't know how to use it and debug with it.
    But I get the code by downloading the .air-file from the samples-page (http://extjs.com/playpen/STasks2.air) and open it with winrar. 7zip or winzip should do the job, too.
    Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better іdiot-proof programs, and the universe striving to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning. (Rick Cook)

Enhanced ExtJS adapter for Adobe AIR

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    wmazza is on a distinguished road

an alternative is if you have downloaded your ext library directly from ExtJS.com instead of using Aptana's import wizard, you can find the Aptana project version in the Ext/air/examples/ folder under the folder "tasks"

This is the source files for SimpleTasks and should also include a .project file, which means you can simply go to Aptana -> File -> Import -> Other -> Import Folder as Project and VIOLA!

@Makana : Not to hijack this thread or anything, but what do you use to create/debug/build your AIR apps if your using ExtJS, if you don't mind me asking? The only alternative that i know of, not counting using Adobe's command line builder, is Dreamweaver. Just curious :P

Vote Rating
    makana has a spectacular aura about makana has a spectacular aura about

What's curious?
    Using a conventional editor, include Adobe AIR Introspector in the app, starting it with ADL, creating the package with ADT? Finally how often do you build the package? Once at the end when your application is complete, don't you? So a command line tool is sufficient for me.
    I have to say, that I don't like the aptana studio with its gui littered with windows, non-intuitive buttons and so on where you waste half a day to learn for what you need them and if you actually need them, but without buttons for basic functionality like "find/replace in files" or things like that.
    I'm sure you can do a lot of things better and more comfortable with aptana, but it takes some time to get involved with it. Not yet...
    So far... my account
    Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better іdiot-proof programs, and the universe striving to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning. (Rick Cook)

Enhanced ExtJS adapter for Adobe AIR

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    wmazza is on a distinguished road

yeah i agree with you on Aptana... while i do use it, it is finicky (sp?) =/ I tried using dreamweaver CS2 but it just doesn't feel right. I could use a normal text editor but i like my syntax highlighting and intelisence :P meh, I was just trying to fish for alternative apps =P Anywho, thnx for the response! Sorry to hijack the thread :P

Thread Participants: 2