Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    brian.moeskau is an unknown quantity at this point

The simple approach:

Code:
    <script src="/extjs/adapter/yui/yui-utilities.js" language="javascript" type="text/javascript"></script>
    <script src="/extjs/adapter/yui/ext-yui-adapter.js" language="javascript" type="text/javascript"></script>
    <script src="/extjs/ext-all.js" language="javascript" type="text/javascript"></script>
    <script src="/extjs/package/util.js" language="javascript" type="text/javascript"></script>
    <script src="/your/path/to/Slider.js" language="javascript" type="text/javascript"></script>
    Also make sure that if Slider has any other YUI dependencies aside from what's in yui-utilities, you must also include them before Slider. If you want, you can combine files, but it's not required just to get things working.

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    hypeway is on a distinguished road

After adding other YUI dependencies to the includes, when I call the function, a new error caught by Firebug referencing to ext-yui-adapter.js:

Code:
    _5c.animateX is not a function
    if(typeof YAHOO=="undefined"){throw "Unable to load Ext, core YUI utilities (yah...

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    tryanDLS is on a distinguished road

What do you includes look like now? You don't need Event, Dom, Animation, Connect, DragDrop. They're in the adapter and including them separately may cause problems.

Ext User
    Vote Rating

Hi tryanDLS,

I did not include those 5 js file references (Event, Dom, Animation, Connect, DragDrop), since they are already included in the adapter.

My current includes look like this:

Code:
    <script src="/extjs/adapter/yui/yui-utilities.js" language="javascript" type="text/javascript"></script>
    <script src="/extjs/adapter/yui/ext-yui-adapter.js" language="javascript" type="text/javascript"></script>
    <script src="/extjs/ext-all.js" language="javascript" type="text/javascript"></script>
    <script src="/extjs/package/util.js" language="javascript" type="text/javascript"></script>
    <script src="/extjs/source/yui/utilities.js" language="javascript" type="text/javascript"></script>
    /*** start: color picker helper functions ***/
    <script src="/js/color.js" language="javascript" type="text/javascript"></script>
    /*** end: color picker helper functions ***/
    <script src="/extjs/source/yui/slider.js" language="javascript" type="text/javascript"></script>

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Remove yui/utilities - that's a combined version of Event, DnD, Connection, etc. Also, I'm not sure why you're including package/util.js since you have ext-all.js

Ext User
    Vote Rating

When the /yui/utilities.js was not included, Firebug reported an error stating that the slider is not a constructor. This error went away after I included the /yui/utilities.js file.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Oh...Ext has eliminated the need for YUI Drag and Drop, so you need that file. My includes look like this now. It doesn't do anything, but it's not a JS error - I may not have the correct HTML - I just copied one of theirs.
    Code:
        <script type="text/javascript" src="/ext/adapter/yui/yui-utilities.js"></script>
        <script type="text/javascript" src="/ext/adapter/yui/ext-yui-adapter.js"></script>
    	<script type="text/javascript" src="/ext/ext-all.js"></script>
        <script type="text/javascript" src="/yui/build/dragdrop/dragdrop.js"></script>
    	<script type="text/javascript" src="/yui/build/slider/slider.js"></script>
        <script type="text/javascript" src="/yui/examples/slider/js/color.js"></script>

Ext User
    Vote Rating

Wow, that was it! It's working! Thank you very much, Tim!

Another question, when I load an external file via setUrl (or setDefaultUrl), can Ext.get(id) access elements within that file?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Yes - the update just puts the content into innerHTML of the element, so it just becomes part of the dom tree - you access in the standard way.

Ext User
    Vote Rating

Sweeeeeet. Thanks again, guys.

Thread Participants: 2