Ext User
    Vote Rating
    jhudson888 is on a distinguished road

Default how to properly remove a panel

how to properly remove a panel

Hello,

I am dynamically creating and removing panels. Is there anything that I need to do (from a memory-release perspective) aside from just removing a panel from the parent container?

I have created some re-usable content panels and am trying to determine what method to override to null out class variables... I have tried
    - onRemove
    - onUnload
    neither of these methods are executed when I remove the panel from it's container. Thank you very much for the help.

Joe Hudson

Sencha - Community Support Team hendricd's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    hendricd will become famous soon enough hendricd will become famous soon enough

Thumbs up

If you are not creating custom classes (extending), you'll may want to use the simple 'beforedestroy' listeners to handle specific cleanup tasks.

Code:
    somePanel.add({
       id : 'test',
       title: 'Test',
       setSomeRefs : function(){
          this.canvasEl = this.body.dom;  //important to cleanup these DOM references up

},
       listeners:{
          render : function(){ this.setSomeRefs() },
          beforedestroy : function(){
              this.canvasEl = null;
         }
       }
    });

somePanel.rendered && somePanel.doLayout();  //always call if the Container is already rendered.
    Then later:
    Code:
    somePanel.remove('test',true); //forceful destruction
    somePanel.doLayout();
    "be dom-ready..."
    Doug Hendricks

Maintaining ux: ManagedIFrame, MIF2 (FAQ, Wiki), ux.Media/Flash, AudioEvents, ux.Chart[Fusion,OFC,amChart], ext-basex.js/$JIT, Documentation Site.

Got Sencha licensing questions? Find out more here.

Ext User
    Vote Rating

Thank you for the reply.

What would be the appropriate GXT way of doing this? I see a remove method on LayoutContainer but it doesn't take an additional boolean parameter to optionally destroy the panel. And, I don't see a destroy method on LayoutContainer... Thanks.

Joe Hudson

Sencha - Community Support Team hendricd's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    hendricd will become famous soon enough hendricd will become famous soon enough

Question

Ah, GXT User ? Should have posted this in that forum. Would you like me to move this thread over there ?
    "be dom-ready..."
    Doug Hendricks

Maintaining ux: ManagedIFrame, MIF2 (FAQ, Wiki), ux.Media/Flash, AudioEvents, ux.Chart[Fusion,OFC,amChart], ext-basex.js/$JIT, Documentation Site.

Got Sencha licensing questions? Find out more here.

Ext User
    Vote Rating

Yes, that would be great. I'm sorry - I mean to post in that forum originally but I guess I got mixed up. Thank you very much.

Joe

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light

No, there is nothing you have to do. GXT handles everything for you.

Thread Participants: 2