Ext User
    Vote Rating
    jcouture is on a distinguished road

Default Menu without Toolbar

Menu without Toolbar

Hi, I am very very new to ExtJS, so please bare with me. I want to use the Menu control as a standalone control, but it seems I am not able to add it to the form without attaching it to a toolbar. Is there a way to resolve this problem? Thank you.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    elishnevsky is on a distinguished road

How do you want the menu to show up?

Ext User
    Vote Rating

There is a .NET built-in menu control. I would like to this menu to show up in the same way.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    elishnevsky is on a distinguished road

Menu in Ext JS is an just another component that can be instantiated directly.

http://extjs.com/deploy/dev/docs/?class=Ext.menu.Menu

Create an instance of it and show it where you want by calling its show() or showAt() method.

Is that what you want?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    tryanDLS is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by jcouture View Post
    There is a .NET built-in menu control. I would like to this menu to show up in the same way.
    That doesn't tell us anything. A large number of people here are not .Net developers and have no idea what you're talking about. I am a .Net developer and I don't know what you want. Post screenshots or put your request in context of what the Ext menus provide and maybe someone can provide some direction.

Ext User
    Vote Rating

What I want is to hide the toolbar and just show the menu on top of the toolbar. Please see the attached image. "Test" is a menu item, and what's behind it is the toolbar. I want to display the "Test" menu but hide the toolbar.

Initially I thought maybe I could add the "Test" menu control on the form without attaching it to the toolbar, but I figured it may not be possible. Now I'm thinking maybe I could make the toolbar color transparent, but I tried "background: transparent" on the toolbar in a style sheet, which didn't seem to work. I then tried "background-color: White" for testing, which didn't change the toolbar color to white either. Anybody could help me on this? Thanks!
    Attached Images

Thread Participants: 2