Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

First off, thanks for the comments.

Quote Originally Posted by dlethe View Post
    A suggestion, develop a certification extjs suite that not only tests what should work, but what shouldn't work. Get the plug-in authors to work toghether on it. Each server-side engine must pass and fail each test within the certification suite exactly the same way. .i.e. test #27 tests rules that define acceptable whitespace. Test #28 examines bad whitespace, and if your server code is too tolerant, and the test passes, then you report that the server-side failed test #28 because it is just too tolerant.
    We are working on a test-suite and the 5 server-side implementations that we have been run against the rudimentary test suite and passed. We would like to provide this publicly so that other parties can run it against their server-side stacks and verify compatibility.

The test suite tests things like request batching, file upload, form posts, error handling etc. However, it will not handle things like file naming and other things which you've specified above. These are too specific to possible environments/OSs/languages and our goal here is to be platform-language agnostic.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    crp_spaeth is on a distinguished road

may you can add my Solution to the list as well?

http://extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68619

Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by crp_spaeth View Post
    may you can add my Solution to the list as well?

http://extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68619
    Added!
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran

Vote Rating
    omerio is on a distinguished road

Default Remoting support for Struts 2

Remoting support for Struts 2

I personally use Struts 2, so the Java servlet library won't be of help to me, but there already a plugin 'JSON plugin' (http://cwiki.apache.org/S2PLUGINS/json-plugin.html) for Struts 2 that supports remoting, but is developed around the Dojo rpc. I'm trying to get in touch with the project owners to add support for Ext.Direct, failing that I'm going to start a new plugin to support Ext.Direct in Struts 2. Will keep you posted

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    stefanorg is on a distinguished road

Default Ext.Direct struts 2 plugin

Ext.Direct struts 2 plugin

Hi omerio, yestarday i've started the developing of a s2 plugin for extdirect with annotation support ... if you want you can send me a pm maybe we can help each other to developing the plugin

Quote Originally Posted by omerio View Post
    I personally use Struts 2, so the Java servlet library won't be of help to me, but there already a plugin 'JSON plugin' (http://cwiki.apache.org/S2PLUGINS/json-plugin.html) for Struts 2 that supports remoting, but is developed around the Dojo rpc. I'm trying to get in touch with the project owners to add support for Ext.Direct, failing that I'm going to start a new plugin to support Ext.Direct in Struts 2. Will keep you posted

Vote Rating

Added the Groovy Grails plugin to the list.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    eallik is on a distinguished road

Default Python/Django

Python/Django

Any plans/rumours of a Python (or even a Django specific) implementation?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    eallik is on a distinguished road

As a partial answer to my own question, I found a stub project someone has created on Google Code - http://code.google.com/p/django-extdirect/ - but it just has the SVN directory structure and nothing more as of now.

Vote Rating
    bregard is on a distinguished road

Default Stack for 4th Dimension

Stack for 4th Dimension

Just started work on a stack for 4th Dimension (4D). Its on Google Code:

http://code.google.com/p/4dextsss/

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    ahartlen is on a distinguished road

Amusingly enough, I've just finished an implementation of Ext3 remoting for 4th Dimension. The code's not available yet, but should be in a few days.