Ext User
    Vote Rating
    ejzhang is on a distinguished road

Is have EXT.Direct for ASP?

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    Svedrin is on a distinguished road

I've made a Django stack myself which is focused on a lightweight implementation and use, and also features a Python Client so Ext.Direct can in fact be used as a general RPC mechanism:

http://mumble-django.org/docs/api/djextdirect.html
    http://pypi.python.org/pypi/djextdirect/0.3

Would you mind naming it in the first post?

Thanks,
    Michael

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Svedrin View Post
    Would you mind naming it in the first post?
    Updated, thanks for your contribution.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    figaroserg1 is on a distinguished road

My friend and colleague, Falko implemented server-side stack Ext.Direct for Zope 3 (python)

http://pypi.python.org/pypi/falkolab.ext3.direct/1.0.0a

Touch Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    hschaefer123 will become famous soon enough

ExtDirect4SAP

I've implemented an ExtDirect Stack for a SAP AS ABAP (Application Serve ABAP).
    The Application Server ABAP for example drives the SAP Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) System or SAP Business Warehouse (BW/BI).

The Stack implements a MVC approach, that uses BSPs (similar to JSPs) for embedding Ext JS UI Components.
    Two HTTP Handler implement the API generation and Routing service.
    You can use ABAP Classes and public Methods for Remote Function calls.

That means with ExtDirect4SAP it is possible to call ABAP OO Classes and Methods directly from JavaScript!
    The Router transparently encodes SAP DDIC (Data Dictionary Elements) to JSON and vice versa.

Using an Apache with a MOD_PROXY and MOD_REWRITE it is also possible to design the whole application with ExtDesigner,
    develop the needed Business Logic with Eclipse and transparently Test/Preview App including Data Services through Apache.
    UI Deployment to SAP is possible via WebDAV and using the MIME container for ExtJs Lib and UI Elements.
    Using Ant and *.jsb it is possible to compile used UIs into single minified lib.js file to load less files.

If someone is interested in this Stack, you can contact me for further details.

I also implemented the ExtDirect Stack into SAP NetWeaver Enterprise Portal (AS JAVA).
    Using BSP iViews it is also possible to natively embed ExtJs Components into the SAP Portal Solution.

You can contact me via http://www.uniorg.de

Best wishes,
    Holger

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    dlethe is on a distinguished road

Question What stack should I use for maximum host O/S compatibility & minimum footprint?

What stack should I use for maximum host O/S compatibility & minimum footprint?

I'm going to implement Ext.Direct 4 but want to run it all from a USB stick that has multiple O/S support (Windows + UNIX/LINUX) that doesn't require "installing" anything on the host computer.

I've got an embedded web server and can do CGI + PHP easily enough if I kick off everything from the stick, but have not started incorporating Ext.Direct yet.

I haven't dug into the PHP/Perl and other stacks, so don't know if they are going to have problems running in this environment. Any thoughts on which stack I can use that won't blow up if configured this way? (And/or any gotchas or work-arounds I'll need to deal with).

Also, for Windows, I "could" go with the .NET if I had to, by just making this a pre-requisite, but certainly would prefer a common stack like PHP to keep all the Javascript as common as possible, and just set paths for the individuals via a startup script.

Thanks

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    gmillerd is on a distinguished road

Default Perl

Perl

Seems like CatalystX::ExtJS:irect is what made it into CPAN for perl for extjs direct specific (lots more for extjs for form creation and routing)

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    gianmarco is on a distinguished road

Default New Ext Direct specification implementation for .NET

New Ext Direct specification implementation for .NET

Hi all,
    i've developed another implementation of Ext Direct specification for .NET.

The project is open source, project homepage is at

http://gimmi.github.com/extdirecthandler/

with all available information and documentation. Can you please add it to the list in this thread's first post?

Can i create an "official" thread in this forum for support and help related to this implementation? (like every other implementation)?

Thanks

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    gianmarco is on a distinguished road

Ping

Quote Originally Posted by gianmarco View Post
    Hi all,
    i've developed another implementation of Ext Direct specification for .NET.

The project is open source, project homepage is at

http://gimmi.github.com/extdirecthandler/

with all available information and documentation. Can you please add it to the list in this thread's first post?

Can i create an "official" thread in this forum for support and help related to this implementation? (like every other implementation)?

Thanks

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

Updated with all the latest server-side stacks.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team