Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Sesshomurai is on a distinguished road

Default [CLOSED] [3.0rc1] .getLayout() return 'card' not ContainerLayout

[CLOSED] [3.0rc1] .getLayout() return 'card' not ContainerLayout

Hi,
    I have a Panel with layout:'card'. When I call panel.getLayout() it returns only the string 'card' and not the ContainerLayout object. Is this a bug? I need to get the layout instance to setActiveItem, but not sure if there is another way.

Thanks for any tips.

Sencha - Ext JS Dev Team Animal's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Animal is a jewel in the rough Animal is a jewel in the rough Animal is a jewel in the rough

Before it's rendered, the layout will be whatever layout string you specify. Configs get assigned to the object.

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

Sesshomurai -

What is occurring is that you are accessing the layout configuration before it is turned into a layout manager. Take a look at the Ext 2.0 Overview which also applies to Ext 3 and the component life cycle. Where are you accessing getLayout()? Try it later in the component life cycle and you will find that the layout is now an instance of a CardLayout Manager.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Sesshomurai is on a distinguished road

Hey guys,
    My call to panel.getLayout() was after the panel was instantiated. That's why I was expecting ContainerLayout to be returned by getLayout(). But the panel _may_ not have been rendered yet.

But I will re-structure it properly. As a workaround, I just created an instance of CardLayout (hehe, I know the docs prefer not to) during creation, but it allowed my code to be better encapsulated in some places.

Gratzie!

Thread Participants: 2