Vote Rating
    dawesi has a spectacular aura about dawesi has a spectacular aura about

Default Some Questions

Some Questions

I'm still trying to get my head around why Ext.direct would ever return a textarea?

What's the rationale behind this with Ext.direct?
    Teahouse Training Company
    Official Certified Sencha Trainer

Australia / New Zealand / Singapore / Hong Kong & APAC

SenchaWorld.com - Sencha webinars, videos, etc
    SenchaForge.org - (coming soon)
    TeahouseHQ.com - Sencha ecosystem training portal

Code Validation : JSLint | JSONLint | JSONPLint

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    crp_spaeth is on a distinguished road

A form can get submitted as well as a normal Direct action.
    Since a Form may contains a file to upload to a server and this cant be done via normal xhr a Iframe- bypass is used to simulate an xhr request.

Since an Iframe runs through the parsing engine of the browser a textarea is the only save place where you can put your json stuff in... Ext will than read out the response from the textarea for you.

Sencha - Community Support Team jay@moduscreate.com's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all

This is how i explain it in Ext JS In Action.
    Quote Originally Posted by http://manning.com/garcia
    1.4.1 Ext does Remoting with Direct
    Web Remoting is a means for JavaScript to easily execute method calls that are defined on the server side. It is extremely convenient for development environments where you would like to expose your server side methods to the client and not have to worry about all of the muck with AJAX connection handling. Ext.Direct takes care of this for us by managing AJAX requests and acts as a bridge between the client side JavaScript and any server side language.
    This functionality has great advantages to it, which include method management in a single location as well as unification of methods. Having this technology inside of the framework will ensure consistency across the consumers such as the data classes. Speaking of which, see how the addition of Ext.Direct brings new classes to the data classes.

Vote Rating
    jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by dawesi View Post
    I'm still trying to get my head around why Ext.direct would ever return a textarea?

Can you explain this a bit further? Where did you get this impression?

Vote Rating

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by dawesi View Post

Sorry for this is not explained in the specification better. The response that crp_spaeth has given above is correct. The only time this occurs is when you are doing a multipart file upload and have uploaded a file and/or other form post to a hidden iframe.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team