Hybrid View

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    jhoweaa is on a distinguished road

Default Dynamic Form Generation

Dynamic Form Generation

I'm working on an application which will be using some data entry forms which get dynamically generated based on some selections made by the user. In the simple case, imagine a two panel app, where the left side is a collection of combo boxes, checkboxes, etc. and the right side is a form panel. When the user makes selections on the left and hits 'apply', the right panel needs to display a new set of data entry elements.

We are using a web service which takes a set of parameters and returns an array of Ext elements which comprise the new data. Conceptually what I would like to do is replace the 'items' collection of a FormPanel with a new Items collection and recompute the layout, but that doesn't work. Am I overlooking a simpler way to accomplish this task?

Thanks!

Sencha - Ext JS Dev Team Animal's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Animal is a jewel in the rough Animal is a jewel in the rough Animal is a jewel in the rough

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    jhoweaa is on a distinguished road

That certainly looks like a good place to start. I had done some searching on this topic, but didn't come across that thread.

Thanks!

Thread Participants: 1